Search results

1. R

Torque converter

Thanks for getting back. That was my next option but I cant seem to find any in the Edinburgh area. I will keep looking. Someone mentioned it may be the oil and filter, but this was done about 4 years ago and the car has only done roughly 3500 miles since then.
  2. R

Torque converter

Evening, I was quoted today from Mercedes of £2700 to supply and replace the torque converter on my 2010 ML350. Apparently there is only one available in the UK. The car has been in twice to diagnose the fault on their system. Is this a reasonable price to do the repair? Thanks Rab
  3. R

Torque part?

I will contact Mercedes and ask. The way the guy described the part was that it smoothed out the drive of the car, it does not shudder when accelerating only at a constant speed. If it was a petrol engine you would say it was not firing, its more annoying than anything else.
  4. R

Torque part?

Thanks for getting back. I asked if it was a torque converter but the guy at Mercedes said it wasn't. He mentioned something else, I just cant remember the name. I`ll get a pump off the internet if I cant repair the one that's fitted and take a chance its not coded, I`ve nothing to lose! I live...
  5. R

Torque part?

Recently my ML350 (164) went into Mercedes for an airbag recall. When it was in I asked them to have a look at why the tail gate wasn't opening and a slight shudder when the car was driving. The tailgate not opening was due to the electrics being flooded and not operating the hydraulic pump...
  6. R

ML 164 Battery light

Update on the problem. It was the alternator that was causing all the issues. A local garage picked the car up and we got it back the following day. No complaints they were excellent and not to expensive, well I thought so. Thanks for the advice. Rab
  7. R

ML 164 Battery light

I have checked the belt today and it looks fine, the whole belt is fully on the pulleys and doesn't look to be torn or damaged. After reading the posts, which I appreciated the info I thought the burning smell may have been the belt. But after inspection today I`m further confused than before...
  8. R

ML 164 Battery light

Thanks for the reply's. I`m a bit confused about what the serpentine belt is? I meant to add there was a burning smell when the car was reversing, could this be the belt as opposed to an alternator?
  9. R

ML 164 Battery light

Hi. I've had a look on the forum but cant find any answers, so apologies if this has already been asked. The last time the car was driven the Red battery light came on, the car was driven for a few miles back to the house. The following day when the car was started again to see if the light came...
  10. R

ML 350 Tailgate

Thanks I`ll try that. I was concerned it was the motor, so I`ll try lube first. just gave it a quick spray yesterday, but I`ll remove the covering around the hinge and have another shot.
  11. R

ML 350 Tailgate

Apologies if this has been asked before, I have an ML350 2010 with auto opening tailgate that seems to have stopped working properly. The tailgate unlocks as normal, seems to struggle to lift a few centimetres then stop. It is quite difficult to lift, there feels to be a resistance when lifting...
  12. R

ML 350 164 ABS

Hi, Driving the car out the carpark today the seatbelt began to tighten. This quite normal but today it didn`t stop. So much so I had to remove the belt and watch it rolling all the way back into the door pillar. As the seatbelt was winding in the ABS/ESP unavailable fault message appeared on...
  13. R

ML Lights

Thanks for the tip on night breaker I`ll give it ago. Regarding the wipers? Just to show how much I get to drive the car, I've never had to use them so I've no idea if they're good or bad. Some feat in Scotland! Its a nice clear sky, so its just about to rain. Thanks again
  14. R

ML Lights

Hi, I recently went down to the borders at night and found that the lights on my ML were worse than the works van that I have. The car is a 2010 ML350. Does anyone know if its just a case of swapping what I assume is the original Halogen bulbs for the newer Xenon I have read about? The...
  15. R

Oil leak after service

Thanks for getting back so quickly. We have been quoted £144 for the cooler and £33 for the seals both from Mercedes. Given the advice it looks to be a false economy not to change the cooler as we were told by the Merc mechanic. I was just interested as to why it was changed and if anyone had...
  16. R

Oil leak after service

Thanks to all who got back. It took a while but I managed to get the car on a ramp, the oil was running down and dropping where the engine bolts onto the gearbox, it did smell like engine oil as opposed to gearbox. I managed to speak to a Mercedes mechanic who said its most likely the oil cooler...
  17. R

Oil leak after service

I recently had my ML 350 diesel serviced. The car has done approx 20 miles since the service and an oil leak has appeared under the car. The oil seems to be dripping from where it joins the gearbox to the engine. There looks to be drains where oil is dripping from. I was told it may be a oil...
  18. R

ML tyre sizes

Sorry but I have no idea what wheels it has, how can i find out? I had a look inside the fuel car door but it only gives tyre pressures. I shouldve said the car is W164 .
  19. R

ML tyre sizes

I recently bought a 2010 350 ML and have a question about the tyres. The tyres maybe have 12 to 18 months left on the milage we do, so i was looking to buy tyres one at a time over the next year as opposed to a huge bill all at once. I noticed that the front tyres are 255/45/R19 & rear is...
  20. R

350 ML Faults is the car worth keeping?

Thaks to everyone who got back for advice and info. The matter has been resolved with the dealer paying the full cost of the repair, although he did ask for a contribution to the bill. Just a matter of seeing how long the springs will last on Edinburgh roads now!!! Rab
Top Bottom