Search results

1. R

W213 engineering menu activated via DTS Monaco

Be really careful in engineering mode. We've had to put loads of cars back to normal after people do Reset in the standard nTG5.5 dealer menu ! R
  2. R

Wireless charger not working?

Theres also a software update where MagSafe on apple was causing an issue (software update on the wireless charger (and the whole Audio system will be done at the same time)
  3. R

Green squared number plate

Yup, saw one on a hybrid Merc taxi the other day. I don't know why but it annoyed me !
  4. R

Sl55 no sound from bose system

It's definitely something that needs to be in the workshop of someone who is very familiar with the system and keeps spare parts, and can use Star and WIS (wiring diagrams) properly. You've tried all the "mechanical" stuff (i.e change control units)
  5. R

GPS thinks I am in Germany (when I am in Shropshire!!!)

GPS antenna is fed to both the COMAND and the Mercedes Me module - just do this properly and replace the GPS antenna that is in the mirror Cheers Richard
  6. R

Sl55 no sound from bose system

We can diagnose it for you - but we're in Lightwater in Surrey - which is a long way from you! Richard
  7. R

ref alpine bluetooth

See my other post to your query. I suspect your black CLK has BOSE sound system. You'll need a load of re-wiring to fit it.
  8. R

Sprinter tries to start itself with no keys in ignition

Theres a starter relay, possibly it is failing. The starter relay drives the solenoid that is on the starter itself (via the thinner wire (possibly purple). The starter also has a fat +12v from battery. Starter relay in main fuse/relay box Relay 5. The starter relay (generally on all Mercedes...
  9. R

5 wires from speaker plug

a) There should be no need to cut anything. The UTE-200BT has an ISO power and ISO speaker plug. b) Your CLK should have a double ISO plug with 8 wires in one (speakers) and about 5 in the other which is the power plug c) However, cars with BOSE sound system don't have the speakers wired there...
  10. R

COMAND SCREEN FAULT/NOT WORKING 2015 W205 C CLASS 220D

Hi Try it without the SD card installed. If thats not it, its likely a failed head-unit although sometimes a software update sort the problem- we're seeing a definite increase in 2015/2016 C classes with failed head-units. Come and see us in Lightwater (M3, J3) (www.comand.co.uk /...
  11. R

Steering wheel controls

Left button of left switches until it says Settings, then use the up/down arrows on left R
  12. R

Passenger airbag on off switch ?

Get someone to sit in the passenger seat. Airbag will switch on automatically - you don't really want it going off in an accident if no one is actually sat there or you'll need a new dashboard. If you put a child seat with a transponder there (assuming your car has the child seat detection...
  13. R

C Class engine failure help please

Sorry to hear this. Sadly you don’t know what the previous owner did to the car (ie was it chipped or just trashed everywhere) You could ask them to ask for more of a contribution ? Ask your insurance company if it’s covered as it’s a write off ? (Edit- Actually it’s not a write off as they are...
  14. R

W212 LED headlamp replacement, £1,100?!

You can’t / mustn’t swap the LED controllers as the lights have different LEDs and you may blow them up A new controller needs to be coded using the barcode on the light to set up the power output on the various channels. This is because same controller used on a number of lights. R

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom