Search results

1. P

W447 Sat Nav - replacement - does it need coding?

Got this sorted.... cheapest solution was to get a used unit, dismantle both and swap the LCS display over... all works a treat and no coding....
  2. P

W447 Vito - Parktronic inop - sensors all working & no faults

Have 2019 Vito, that had an accident, airbags went off...... now pretty much sorted.... its had amongst a few things new front bumper & 3 new parktronic sensors. On startup I get 2 red lines on the parktronic display which go out, then nothing - no sound - display stays blank. nothing changes...
  3. P

W447 Sat Nav - replacement - does it need coding?

Have a 2019 W447 with factory fitted Sat nav (A4479009005), the LCD screen has vertical lines on and is unreadable, if I swap the head unit for another used unit - will this need programming? or as it already has SAT nav fitted should I just connect it up and it work. Other thought would be to...
  4. P

Accident damaged 2019 Vito - Airbags gone off - Fuel cut off location

Update - Managed to get the fusebox out from under the seat, seems the Pyro fuse isn't listed by Mercedes as a part for the van as they want to sell you the whole fusebox, but if you give them the part number they can supply it - for about £15. Fitted and all back - van now running......
  5. P

Correct its a 2019 with 2.1 diesel, have checked further online and it seems to need the Pyro fuse which I understand blows in an accident, replacing. Understand it's in the fusebox under the drivers seat, removed the seat, but can't see how to presumably unbolt the metal box it sits on to get...
  6. P

About to take on a 2.1 Vito thats had a relatively minor front impact, airbags have gone off & told car won't start. Anyone know if they have a fuel cut off or similar that may have been activated with the airbags - and if so is it an easy reset?
  7. P

W211 estate - air suspension problem

Car not been used for ages, starts and runs fine, suspension is on bumpstops at the back. Compressor was not coming on, tested across a battery and wouldn't go - so I've replaced for a new one along with the relay. Compressor still won't come on when you start the engine or try the test via a...
  8. P

2017 Vito SRS B007E11 Squib for Driver ETR is faulty ?

Airbag light came on and this is the fault - its a stored fault but not current. I assumed it was the seat belt buckle and got a 2nd hand one and light went off for a few days - its now come back on .... So am i right in thinking its fault with the seat belt buckle (that's attached to the seat...
  9. P

W211 Brake light problems

Have a 2006 W211 saloon car, brake lights on both side as at the rear are not working - the backup lights are coming on instead, I've replaced both bulb holder units and bulbs for new and still no change... The High level boot light works ok.... At one point the drivers side brake light was...
  10. P

Mileage Correction - Wiped ECU

The car was bought with warrantied mileage, no service book ...As this is electronic..Since I bought the car the service mileages and mots all correlate....As i had the car and did nothing to adjust the mileage..My interest is in trying to understand exactly what mileage and date information is...
  11. P

Sorry about the dates....I've not yet dugout the actual documents with precise dates...But basically I bought the car, used it for a while, had the sat nav problem then sold it...And now have mileage problem. I will clearly need to dig out the documents with the exact dates if this goes...
  12. P

The owner has asked the merc dealer to confirm when mileage was changed and by how much. Currently he's just been told it's dead and needs fixing.. Am I correct then in thinking they should be able to identify which of the units have a discrepancy...Because if so I'd be hoping its anything to...
  13. P

Long story but I bought a 2014 C220 Estate (205 model) in a Merc Finance Auction sale, when car was 18 months old had done 18,000 miles. Used the car for 18months then sold it about 12 months ago. Chap who bought it had a problem of some sort and took it into Mercedes Main dealer. Dealer has...
  14. P

R350 Air suspension Problem

The car only has air on the back. Passenger side rear was down after about 24 hours when not driven. Drivers side down a bit, but assumed this mainly due to the other side dropping. The Air Bag on one side didn't look too good so put a new one on. Started the car, it went up (as it...
  15. P

Limp mode - W211 Y27/9 EGR positioner

Have a 2007 E220CDI - gone into limp mode. Fault code is Y27/9 Left EGR positioner internal fault. Ran a dynamic test on the EGR valve which can back as working fine... anyone point me at what to try next....
  16. P

w211 Door Glass Colour

Have a 2006 E270 CDI Elegance that's had its passenger front window smashed.....Can anyone confirm if the glass is the same colour throughout the range i.e will glass from any pre facelift W211 do to replace it?
  17. P

W211 - Intermittent Multiple Electric Problems

Perhaps not clear from first post - the Indie has replaced the front SAM unit with a new genuine unit from Mercedes, when they dismantled the old one it didn't show any signs of water ingress or obvious signs of faulire.....
  18. P

Thanks for the help, its a 2006 E270 CDI only done 55,000 miles....only other thought is had a problem when the remote key stopped working which turned out to be blowing a fuse......cause was the alarm siren - so disconnected this, put the fuse back in and key worked fine.......never got around...
  19. P

Over last few months on 5 or 6 occasions whilst driving the car exhibits multiple electric faults that include: Speedo & Rev counter stop working, indicators stop working, electric windows & windscreen wipers won't work, engine cooling fans come on full power (I think). If you stop, switch...
  20. P

W211 - P1856 - Gear selector fault

Have a 2006 211, intermittently gearlever won't move out of drive or sometimes Neutral . If you switch ignition off then back on more often than not it clears the fault and gear selector work fine. Read the fault code as P1856 Selector position detection failed - and remedy is advised as...
Top Bottom