Search results

1. C16RKC

Buying an old (1987 W124) Mercedes and need some advice on corosion

I'd probably buy that car... so you should probably stay away :p
  2. C16RKC

Buying an old (1987 W124) Mercedes and need some advice on corosion

I read this with much interest - and I agree entirely. A lot of MOT testers test to add "excessive corrosion" advisories when they see surface rust under a car.
  3. C16RKC

Garage Rebuild

Looking fabulous Peter :cool:
  4. C16RKC

Possible EV.

That's very badly written by What car, in fact it makes it sound like they are hiding something (I don't think they are, I think its just badly worded). But when combined with some estimated data on the numbers of cars in London, the data actually paints a very clear picture that electric cars...
  5. C16RKC

Comment by 'C16RKC' in album 'Conors 2010 - S212 350 CGI'

What an incredible spec that car has, I can see why you like it. Lovely interior too.
  6. C16RKC

Comment by 'C16RKC' in album '2004 R230 SL 500'

What a stunning car in a rare and beautiful colour combination!
  7. C16RKC

MOT Failure - 2010 E Class S212 with corroded subframe

Sorry to see that; as you say given you are quite handy finding a decent one and coating it would seem like a good idea.
  8. C16RKC

Possible EV.

I would have thought if you buy a zero road tax car now it will stay that way for that particular car. It will be a generation of brand new EVs that suddenly become subject to tax. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  9. C16RKC

Possible EV.

I think a lot of buyers lease the car, which changes things slightly as you're not spending £35K of your own money, but rather committing to the monthly payments. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  10. C16RKC

Possible EV.

Exciting! I am looking forward to your thoughts. I always imagine it would be really nice gliding along in silence.
  11. C16RKC

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

I'd just keep fighting and never give up. I have a friend who successfully claimed for an Alloy wheel. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  12. C16RKC

Ah I see, it's good to have mates in the right trade [emoji2] Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  13. C16RKC

That's interesting, you found a truck that could load a car with collapsed suspension. I phoned a load of then in Kings Lynn and they all said no. Perhaps a good thing though, as its probably saved me a fortune doing the ABC work myself. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  14. C16RKC

Possible EV.

Exactly. Worst of all lots of these taxes are in the name of "the environment" or "equality", so they are just being paid out to people with non-jobs to waste everyone's time. The energy companies make fortunes and justify it because they need the money for "environmental initiatives"...
  15. C16RKC

Possible EV.

If that fails, ignorance is bliss :p
  16. C16RKC

Possible EV.

No Blobcat... we are actually slowly but surely changing the whole forum to be like it... All that chit-chat about cars is just getting in the way.
  17. C16RKC

Possible EV.

Sadly I think it's all out of our control, as Banks and corporations are just too powerful. No big corporation will be happy with the ideas you put forward above, as you are effectively proposing they make less money. But yes I do agree with you; goods are made to last 2 minutes these days, and...
  18. C16RKC

Possible EV.

I completely agree, best thing is to keep your car going for as long as possible, without causing the production of a brand new car. But that assumes there actually is a need to reduce CO2... I have done as much research as I can to form my own opinion, and I firmly believe there is no global...
  19. C16RKC

For those that think "AMG Line" = “AMG" here is some clarification

No not really - it's a way for owners to specify some cosmetic improvements in the "style" of an AMG Mercedes. But the point is that a set of Alloys or a bodykit does not make the car a true AMG edition, just a normal Mercedes with some AMG accessories added. Nothing wrong with that of course...

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom