Search results

1. Quickbrit

Mercedes quandary

So the car went back (actually on my drive waiting to be picked up). Now replaced with an alternative... Thanks for the advice.
  2. Quickbrit

Mercedes quandary

Bought at Doncaster MB, being serviced on warranty by Exeter MB.
  3. Quickbrit

Mercedes quandary

Just squeaked that request in on it’s 29th day - I have a horrible feeling that’s why I had to wait over two weeks for an inspection...
  4. Quickbrit

Mercedes quandary

Hello All, One week into a (new for me) 2016 E400 convertible I had a check engine light come on. Two weeks later it’s into Mercedes to troubleshoot. Apparently the knock sensor threw up the warning light, but they discovered it’s due to excessive rust and there’s water ingress into the...
  5. Quickbrit

500e hybrid... owner update

No offence taken. Come and have a drive.
  6. Quickbrit

Fair comment... Having this vehicle might help you pack a little more judiciously though? :)
  7. Quickbrit

I appreciate these are rare (unpopular?) but it’s turning out to be one of my favourite Mercedes to date. I'm averaging just under 40MPG with mixed usage, town and countryside, and for a 450BHP SUV that’s pretty good in my book. The car typically runs on electricity up until around 20%...
  8. Quickbrit

GLE 500e questions

I must admit I was chasing a designo interior (adds heated rear seats and steering wheel) but I couldn’t find a low enough mileage one (mine only has 22k). This car is very nice to drive, it sits lower than my previous GLE, it also feels a tad quicker in steering. The brakes are obviously...
  9. Quickbrit

GLE 500e questions

I have to think you’re a ‘glass half empty’ kind of guy? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Quickbrit

GLE 500e questions

No road tax either. (Did I mention the 220% more horsepower?)
  11. Quickbrit

GLE 500e questions

I’m 220% better off in power, I’m out of a diesel (with all the negative connotations that they bring). I now have height adjustable air suspension, a 360-degree camera, panoramic roof, AMG spec, and to top it all off, it’s black. This wasn’t a cost cutting exercise. I want to drive what I...
  12. Quickbrit

GLE 500e questions

So I bought one. First impressions are very good - it certainly teaches you to drive smoothly. The engine recharges the battery in about 30 miles (obviously on a run). Initial morning run (battery only) is good for about 9 miles, it is hilly here. The best setting looks to be in the hybrid...
  13. Quickbrit

GLE 500e questions

Probably - lives in Teignmouth, works in Torbay.
  14. Quickbrit

GLE 500e questions

I’m just becoming more aware of the whole anti-diesel thing. I personally think values will start to fall and I wanted to be ahead of the game. My buddy has a Tesla SUV which is outrageously fast and obviously very economical - without going full electric I think this GLE is a good...
  15. Quickbrit

GLE 500e questions

I’m in a GLE diesel now - I’d like to switch back to petrol and this does look good on paper. I do short town hops so the low battery distance is negligible, but I do like a ‘spirited run’ every now and then. I was just getting a feel for typical MPG. I bought an AMG E63, and I don’t need...
  16. Quickbrit

GLE 500e questions

Is there any owners on here that would be happy to answer a few questions about this hybrid? Best’ Mike
  17. Quickbrit

Thirsty German...

I had to go to Gatwick this morning, first I filled her up with 95 Ron unleaded 'Tesco special' fuel - because I had a 5p off per litre voucher. Ran 70-72 MPH all the way there rarely exceeding 3000RPM, did exactly the same on the way back but had a mad 3 miles of over the speed limit fun -...

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom