Search results

1. Abb

Snapped rear spring

Has been my experience over the years too. Driven on the same roads over the years in various MBs, suffered numerous broken springs on several different models, yet never managed to break a H&R spring (not that I was trying), I know where I would be spending my hard earned :)
  2. Abb

Snapped rear spring

Personally I wouldn't use MB springs. You only have to read the numerous threads on regarding MB springs and the need for replacement as it is very common for them to fail prematurely (IMO). Yes there are a number of contributing factors, top of the list is they are rubbish. Replaced all 4...
  3. Abb

The inappropriate badging thread

Well it was sold for £10k in 2003 plus all the fees ect, so circa £12.5k, would comand a premium of approx £40k in todays market IMO.
  4. Abb

Annoying squeak from rear end of W202

The subframe bushes for sure, even if you can't see them deteriorating by eye, the fact they are original, even more so. Had this on my C43 W202.
  5. Abb

It's Christmas !

Think you would be better off with an OEM part. Something like this... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184646863960?epid=18039241799&hash=item2afdcf8c58:g:gCsAAOSwe7VgGTGi That is, if it is indeed the cause. No idea what the part number is but having had a quick look for relevant sensors, it should...
  6. Abb

It's Christmas !

Looks like a speed sensor fault.
  7. Abb

Alarm misbehaving...

The batteries in your alarm siren will more than likely be defunct! They are a sealed unit and over time the batteries deteriorate and leak all over the PCB they are attached to, giving all the symptoms you describe. You can of course just unplug it at the siren to stop giving you the headache...
  8. Abb

Any motorcyclists on here as well?

Thank you for the comments. Gets cleaned after every ride out, so always look well, despite it being a 5 years old now. Re the stand, it is a warrior spider stand, excellent bit of kit once its set up, brilliant for getting both the wheels off the ground and being able to move it about like...
  9. Abb

Any motorcyclists on here as well?

I too am one for the 2 wheeled fun! Didn't get to ride too much this year, here she is just being cleaned and ready for hibernation....
  10. Abb

E55 AMG W211 2004

From the original ad, I think there is a strong chance it is mapped.... 500bhp possibly mapped Starts on button 1 key Service History Hpi clear Wheels worth £1000 Front Carbon splitter Modified exhaust not sure what it is sounds animal Mot 5 months Has upgraded supercharger pump
  11. Abb

E55 AMG W211 2004

To be fair the seller may have not have known (if they literally bought it the day before), there again, as far as neglected cars go, this one seemed to be right up there, and that was just from the pics and the ad description. Guess you already knew that before you took the project on. You...
  12. Abb

E55 AMG W211 2004

Sorry pal to burst your bubble, I don't know the car. It was discussed on the other side as it was advertised on FB, sold and within 24hrs re appeared on eBay. There was a whole list of issues with it, which the seller mentioned. The manifold wasn't one of them:mad: Good luck with resolving the...
  13. Abb

E55 AMG W211 2004

@ama singh This isn't EK04 HLD by any chance is it??
  14. Abb

Is this car worth the money they're asking

@Lee Endean, not sure where you are with the car search. This has just been posted on the MBOC, stating it has been advertised on the MBOC FB page. It does look familiar, so not sure if it is buried in this thread somewhere...
  15. Abb

2009 cls 320

So he is. Be a shame to miss out on such a good example though. Who needs insurance anyway, it is just a waste of money :D:D
  16. Abb

2009 cls 320

@Lee Endean, must be a sign. There has just been a lovely 2009 example been posted for sale literally within the last 10 mins on the other side. It's the one put up a few posts ago. The owner is a member and fastidious in his upkeep of his cars. Every cloud and all that.... The full ad...
  17. Abb

Best remanufactured Turbo

How about something like this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turbocharger-Mercedes-E320-S320-3-2CDI-204HP-150KW-734899-743436-Gaskets/362771536230?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l9372 Haven't used them myself but they seem to get very positive feedback. Price seems...
  18. Abb

2009 cls 320

As above mate, the insurance was more on the derv than the full fat AMG!
  19. Abb

2009 cls 320

Bizarrely when I was in the market for a 219 I found the diesel variant was more expensive to the 55 AMG, no matter where I looked. They are a beautiful classic design, which has aged very well imo, and although I now have the 218, I prefer the lines on the 219. My old 55......(a few cosmetic...
  20. Abb

Considering this SL350

The vendor does seem to have lots of nice metal looking at the website. Personally I wouldn't be parting with my hard earned until I knew (and was comfortable with) why it has not had any services until 2016! As part of the manufacturers warranty I was under the impression the vehicle had to be...

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom