Search results

1. W

Accident - will this kill your gearbox?

I have a friend who was in an accident a couple of weeks ago. The engine is a OM612 mated to a 722.6 gearbox, he had a heart attack and drove into a wall. The engine was running, vehicle in Drive, with him incapacitated behind the wheel. We can assume his foot might have been on the...
  2. W

Rebuild 270 diesel (OM612) Low oil pressure on hot idle

Hi all I have a Jeep GC which was produced with the OM612 Mercedes engine. I have rebuilt the engine, rebored 20thou, crank cut 10thou, new oil pump, new water pump, head redone by engineering shop as well as all the machining and micing done by the engineering shop. I also had the nozzles...
  3. W

ML270 Torque converter to felxplate bolt torque value

I broke one of the 6 bolts holding the torque converter to the flexplate today, jip I overtightened it I guess :( Thankfully I could get the bolt out again without having to split the engine and the gearbox. Tommorow I'll try to find 6 new bolts (only need 1, but if I am replacing 1 I could...
  4. W

Common Rail Diesel Injector Test - what does it mean?

Common Rail Diesel Injector Test - what does the results mean? Hi, I had the 5 injectors on my MB OM612 engine tested. Here is the results from the Bosch 815 test bench: Can somebody decode it for, I have no idea what the test is telling me?:confused:
  5. W

ML270 bent glow plug, no compression after injector seal change

I had my vehicle at a shop which was to clean the "black death", refurbish the injectors, and refit them with new washers. Well they couldn't get it started again and I had it towed on a flat bed to the dealers. The dealers replaced 3 injectors and then it started to sound like it wants to...
  6. W

ML270 ECU fried - after the injector seals was replaced

Hi all My 2.7 CRD - same engine as the ML270 (OM647 i think) ecu is blown (I know there will be differences in the ecu, but with this scenario I think my questions will be quite generic to common rail diesels and ecu/pcm's) I had a case of leaking injectors (black death) and took the...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom