Search results

1. S

Claim for broken spring due to pothole

All four went on my W203 (not all at once) over 56,000 miles. Not unusual apparently, something to do with water lying in the bottom mounting cup and corroding the bottom few inches, or so it was explained to me. Also the quality of the springs fitted just after the start of the century...
  2. S

Mercedes Windscreens

There's a charge these days - but a lot less than a new windscreen.
  3. S

Recall - Inerter System Lines

Yes, I had this today. "Inerter system lines" it talks about. (My spellcheck doesn't recognise the word but that's not unusual) This is the second recall since I had the car, why can't they get it right first time? Suppose I'd better get it done, for insurance reasons if nothing else. Just...
  4. S

Bonnet OPEN on dash read-out

Now driving my second merc. They both needed a hard slam to close the bonnet. I think it's a characteristic of the make.
  5. S

Warning light on screen - any ideas?

Looks like low battery. Has it been sitting idle a lot lately? If it's in warranty you should have had an email warning of this; I had one a few weeks ago, took it out for a few miles and warning went away. Otherwise, wait for the techies to answer.
  6. S

Vehicle History

A friend in the trade told me, years ago, that so-called "demonstrators" were often over-produced cars that were rented out to hire companies in places like the Channel islands, where 1000 miles puts enormous wear on a vehicle. After a few months sold on as "demonstrators". Maybe no longer...
  7. S

I've got my Jasper blue clk

Joking apart - Vaseline is not friend of synthetic rubber and will soon destroy it. Silicone maybe - but check with someone who knows.
  8. S

New vs Used discounts

Always be wary of "demonstrators". There was a time when this meant for example a car that has been a hire car somewhere like the Channel islands for a few months - low mileage but a hell of a lot of wear and tear.
  9. S

The W203 C180k

M271 engine had a problem with the single timing chain and associated sprockets which were just not up to the task and wore, causing the timing to "slip" and cause expensive damage. There was also the issue of oil leakage from the cam magnet into the wiring harness and eventually finding it's...

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom