Search results

1. coventryslk

W124 Coupe Buyers Guide

I just happened to be looking at 124 coupes recently to get back into Mercedes ownership after selling my w204 in 2020.
  2. coventryslk

Not a Merc but a Porsche (after some help)

That's the next thing to look at. Switch the air con on and engine revs rise initially but air con compressor not spinning was thinking it be the clutch gone and been on the old YouTube watching videos. I'll use your advice and I'm going to remove the front bumper to paint it soon and can look...
  3. coventryslk

I was going to go the SKF way as they around the same £3 each but went for FAG as what was in originally. Power steering pump is at the top, to the left of the air con compressor on the right side with the water pump at the lowest point on the left side. Pump was ok a few weeks ago, I just...
  4. coventryslk

https://www.veed.io/view/6391fc9f-03af-41df-aa21-08520ba97fe3
  5. coventryslk

Thats the power steering pump
  6. coventryslk

https://www.veed.io/view/68535203-baf9-4729-b0de-5142e6bdc9ed
  7. coventryslk

https://www.veed.io/view/e59fccde-ce0e-46de-8412-de3c468e1934
  8. coventryslk

Just ordered a new pump. Hopefully put it on this Sunday. Awkward 10mm bolt to access but have a 1/4 universal joint adapter should get in there... in the mean time I'll take the pulleys off and get new bearings pressed in... hopefully the issue be sorted then
  9. coventryslk

Just noticed some coolant below the waterpump.... lots of play. That will need to be changed!
  10. coventryslk

I have tested the air con pump as advised, no noise with it either turned on or off. It turns ok without the belt. No noise/rumble/vibration from the alternator, it too turns ok and no play without belt Crank - no rumble from that area, I put the stethoscope probe down behind the pulley...
  11. coventryslk

Was up early this morning at 5am, did some DIY then went to a waterfall in Wales instead of doing the Boxster as got week off.. Will be up early tomorrow and going to go over it with your tips. Had a thought that the crank pulley possibly be out of true as the belt follows from the tensioner...
  12. coventryslk

Thats what I was trying to put, was late
  13. coventryslk

Air con pump is freewheeling?
  14. coventryslk

Yes its my car, took the photo before I replaced the pulleys first time round. I will check the power steering pump again for free rotation and also the aircon pump.
  15. coventryslk

Just had a quick read, I'm not sure if I've the freewheeling one....but regardless if its not ill still double check it rotates freely
  16. coventryslk

Thank you, I'll be checking that! If that's the problem there's a place by me that will rebuild the bosch unit for £120
  17. coventryslk

Thanks for the reply I totally agree that these cars are made with cheap parts. The things you can easily see such as a four piston calipers are great then you look further... front and rear macpherson struts... wheres the front double wish bones??? Door membrane made from crap foam. I could go...
  18. coventryslk

Heated Seats Project W204

I didn't, but kept the car until July 2020. It was a great vehicle and should have kept it but impending CAZ and finances at the time I needed to sell. Would have gone on forever though.
  19. coventryslk

Afternoon Bought a tidy boxster 986 last year very very cheap but decent with a nominal sum money left to me by a relative. A couple of weeks ago I changed the 3 drive belt pulleys for new.... went for a short drive and a massive rumble after the initial satisfaction of a nice smooth sounding...

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom