Search results

1. turbopete

Oddities of car insurance

increased premiums ARE a thing. my childrens mother had a non fault claim on her policy which was old enough to come off the policy at its last renewal. her premium DROPPED by £70 JUST because of that. i know because when i got the original quote i got the date of the non fault claim wrong by a...
  2. turbopete

Oddities of car insurance

i moved from an A postcode to a C postcode. the cost difference? £0. not a single pound. also changed from higher insurance group to lower insurance group, then later back to higher insurance group and the cost difference? sod all. if there was a difference it was a couple of quid at best. oddly...
  3. turbopete

Cyclists Unnoticed National Terrorist Squad

and if the UK had remained like that cyclists would still be riding on, at BEST, cobbled streets. these lovely Tarmac surfaces you ride on now are all thanks to the extra taxes vehicle owners pay over and above what everyone else pays. regardless of whether you also have a car at home or not. if...
  4. turbopete

and yet cyclists dont have to do likewise when, for example, passing parked vehicles? then wonder why there is the occasional incident of a disabled driver opening their car door and the cyclist being hit by the door.
  5. turbopete

ah THAT old chestnut. if ALL taxpayers pay for the roads, why do we have to pay an annual tax for our cars, tax on the insurance premium, tax on fuel, VAT on fuel AND on the fuel tax, VAT on parts we buy for our vehicles, VAT on our VEHICLES? we still pay road tax. the only difference is that...
  6. turbopete

The mystery road on Mercedes Sat Nav!!

id say its a good reason to skip it from the options list and buy a tomtom, if that's the case!
  7. turbopete

P208027 Temperature sensor

me too, but it doesnt take much to edit it out if it was a typo!
  8. turbopete

P208027 Temperature sensor

im not sure how we should take that. we dont have the car in front of us with a STAR machine connected so difficult to say for sure. you gave a code which as has been pointed out above, usually points to a failed lambda sensor/lambda sensor (o2 sensor as theyre more often called) reading out of...
  9. turbopete

anyone else think this could be a scam?

sent the seller an email to see what they come back with but at this price, there must be something amiss with it surely? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2009-Mercedes-Benz-M-Class-ML350-CDi-BlueEFFICIENCY-Sport-5dr-Tip-Auto-/131451373248?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1e9b1cc6c0 im not a fan of...
  10. turbopete

interesting, but how useful?

I am well aware that any sort of software is only as useful as the person using it. however, i have seen these recently and wondered which, if any, would be a reasonable buy? I have a laptop i could use for the purpose and opinions would be welcomed from anyone in 'the know' First theres...
  11. turbopete

clearing soot from exhaust/cat

i know it will depend on the way its used, how its driven etc, but roughly how long should it take to clear all the soot etc from inside the exhaust components after being clogged up when running with a burst intercooler? I gave it a thrashing for 2 or 3 miles, and it still smokes quite badly...
  12. turbopete

G-wagon conversion.

a 606 turbo with a manual gearbox???? if only id bought a 210 with a good engine..........
  13. turbopete

anyone know anything about freelanders?

just had someone asking me about the TD4 freelander as theyre thinking of a new vehicle. i gather the 2 litre TD4 engine is a bmw unit. does this have the swirl flap problems the 3 series etc have? is there anything particular to look out for?? i said id ask around, and since we are such a...
  14. turbopete

fuel leak!!!!! urgent help/advice needed please

im hoping this is as easy a fix as it would first appear. driving along on saturday i started to smell diesel in the car. i removed the covers from over the engine and found the white item below had fuel dripping quite quickly out of the end of it. on closer inspection, as im sure many...
  15. turbopete

i feel a crazy idea brewing in my mind.......

as finances are very tight and i need a 'practical' car to ferry the family around, i am toying with the idea of having something 'fun' for myself to drive. i do, however, need to consider a few factors, such as fuel costs, insurance costs etc. not so mad so far BUT i was considering a...
  16. turbopete

BAS warning light

My 1999 E300 TD has an annoying little fault in that when you drive the car, after 7 or 8 times of pressing the brake pedal, no matter how gently you use the brakes, it puts the brake assist light on. ive changed the brake light switch and its no better. dealers want 70quid for half an hour to...
  17. turbopete

fuel problems. help!

hi. can anyone help me. i have a 1999 E300 turbodiesel. having problems with air getting into the fuel when the engine isnt running. it fills the clear pipe, tank side of the pre filter, with a bubble of air about 1 inch (25mm) or so long. ive changed all 4 clear plastic pipes and seals leading...

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom