Search results

1. M

AMG GTR / High Mileage AMGs

I used to get in a Taxi regularly in Corfu with 880k on it - still all on original engine / gearbox etc. There were two things - regular servicing and he used to share it with his brother and the only time the engine got turned off was for filling it - so minimal cold starts.... I think cold...
  2. M

Bargain of the century!

No, still not true. If you clicked buy it now and transferred the money they could still legitimately cancel it. If however they signed the order form at that price, THEN you have a contract and that's different - and some of these websites will "auto accept" and generate a contract...
  3. M

MB Finance

It's one phone call 2 days after you collect the car with a debit card in your hand - if that saves you £1000 I figure that's worth it lol
  4. M

Need help steering is locked key won't turn

I had this once and actually all it needed was the key in socket, then a really hard wrench left / right / left right - the steering lock was under pressure because I guess the wheels had put the pressure on it. Try it - costs nothing....
  5. M

MB Finance

The dealer has only 4 sources of income when you buy a car. 1) chassis / metal - you can't influence that - it's their profit margin, it may be large or small. 2) Finance - a biggie - it can genuinely make more money than the car itself - it's not unusual to sell a car at a loss if you're...
  6. M

MB Finance

it doesn't The finance commission is the finance commission - the px is separate completely.
  7. M

MB Finance

Legally you have 14 days from the day the finance company and you sign the agreement (that's usually the payout day). Typically the dealer will earn between 5 & 10% of the balance financed as commission, so yeh, there is a big incentive to use this method of paying - cash is not only not king...
  8. M

Mileage Discrepancy.

Look at the MOT's either side. If there is just this one "oddity" (so say it was 66,000, 75,000, 30,000 then 86,000) then I'd say it was a finger slip If it went 66,000, 75,000, 86,000, 30000. 41000, 53,000 then it's been clocked and very unprofessionally! If you bought it from a dealer and...
  9. M

Car Finance Checker

No but go on youtube and check people like High Peak Autos videos or Jay Emm... they have discount codes for Car Vertical which seems a pretty good checker, not too expensive and with a code you get something like 10-30% off.... Checks everything as well, Write off / on finance / chassis...
  10. M

Which is cleanest? Hybrid, Petrol or Diesel?

10k a year is probably EV too - I do 18k a year and that's easily within the bounds of EV (My boss does 50k a year and does that in an EV without problems but he does have to consider rapid charging) 10K a year isn't even 1000m a month - that's not even close to what an EV can do without using...
  11. M

Which is cleanest? Hybrid, Petrol or Diesel?

Depends what you mean by "Clean" lol - everyone has their own views. Diesels are economical, swift and very good - sadly now demonised Petrols are clean enough Good Hybrids could be cleaner, but Merc don't have a great reputation for Hybrid - if you want a hybrid buy a Toyota! EV - Cleaner...
  12. M

Depreciation

As unbelievable as it may be I agree. I think / hope there will be a day where V8 ICE are a bit like horses. Cars replaced horses as the main form of longer distance transport - but we still have horses, and people still ride them - but now for fun / leisure etc. I hope we see a time where we...
  13. M

Depreciation

You must drive very different places to me - I've never seen any EV's doing 60 in the middle lane!! Several old people in ancient small hatchbacks - but never ev's - not at 60 anyhow....
  14. M

Depreciation

Yeh the 4cyl has been slated in the press - and the BMW M3/M4 has kept the noise and drama and the Merc can't really compete with the 4 cyl.
  15. M

Depreciation

Yep, 300m in an Enyaq is likely to need about 10min top up somewhere on the way there or back, that's all.
  16. M

Depreciation

Taycan EV - VS ICE AMG E53 for Company Car Tax Versus I'm not sure £300-£600 is the "same as" £6000-£7700 (double that for a 40% taxpayer)..... See - the myths still keep coming! There is so much un-truth being spread at the moment... I don't want to come over as an EV Evangelist, but...
  17. M

Depreciation

If your "planned charge stop" is 20 miles away you'd still have 60m in the battery (cos you'd be daft to run it so close to the edge) and 60m is about 12-13KWH in the battery - or 20hrs of heating........ again not a massive problem.
  18. M

Depreciation

Nope - There have been numerous independent tests showing that a Tesla will run for about 1-2 miles after it shows it's run out - most EV's are the same. They usually enter "Turtle Mode" with about 5 miles to go to save power.
  19. M

Depreciation

Ok - Same map filtered for 50KW chargers and above - awful the lack of chargers isn't it.... So this is filtered to all the chargers that will fit my car (which is the same connection as pretty much every other ev - there are only 3 types by the way - Tesla, Chademo (Nissan and Renault only)...
  20. M

Depreciation

If that happened in my car, it would run out of juice in around 40 hours - the battery is 64kwh and the heater uses about 500w once warmed through. If I was in my car for 40hrs - the battery going flat would be the least of my worries...!! And has ANYONE ever been stuck in a 40 hr traffic jam...

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom