Search results

1. S500 Pete

Mercedes radio code help

When I changed my battery I clipped a battery charger across the terminals while I did it so the car never lost 12v.
  2. S500 Pete

R231 SL400 vs SL500 - any advice please

The M278 is the 4.7 V8 twin turbo as used in the S500 saloon. Mine had a rattle for quite a while at about 80,000 miles which got worse until it put up an engine light. Needed new chains and tensioners which was over £4000 at an indie , but bought the car pretty cheap and was prepared for the...
  3. S500 Pete

My New SL63 AMG

Looks fantastic. Just get rid of those locking wheel nuts before they seize on and risk damage to the wheels trying to undo them
  4. S500 Pete

Dealer servicing costs

Mobilo only gets renewed if you have a dealer service
  5. S500 Pete

Mercedes Me turned off for pre 2020 vehicles

Same problem as me, My traffic info has expired and Mercedes say that it has to be updated via Mercedes me. My 2014 car only ever had the module that plugged in to the Diagnostic port. I gave this back because the location of it meant I kept kicking it so now it looks like I will have to take it...
  6. S500 Pete

Keeping the Engine Clean?

If you kept all yours that clean you would never get anything else done :)
  7. S500 Pete

Google maps on screen

Hi, Looked this up on the Command website but it is £499 and forces a lot of other things to go via the phone rather than the car system so I guess it is either live with no traffic and old maps or pay up:confused:
  8. S500 Pete

Google maps on screen

Hi, My TomTom traffic subscription has expired and since I don't have a mercedes me module I need to take it in to a main dealer and pay £299 to have a map update and for them to add a Tom Tom licence code. Does anybody know whether I can use bluetooth or plug my phone in to the USB socket and...
  9. S500 Pete

New small Mercedes G-Class to arrive as retro mini off-roader

We went on an offroad safari trip in Spain a few years back in Jimny soft tops. Amazed at how good they are off road
  10. S500 Pete

Error code 0308

No solution yet but I am away at the moment so the car isn't being used. Have you looked up your error code?
  11. S500 Pete

Error code 0308

Good thought but I don't go under the plastic cover anymore so I will wait and see whether it gets worse, thanks anyway
  12. S500 Pete

Thinking of an S Class coupe (W217)

Check that towing is an option on an S class coupe. It isn't on my S222 because of the rear vallance.
  13. S500 Pete

Error code 0308

Update, Light and misfire again yesterday. Turned off ignition and back on at traffic lights within less than a minute and the light and the misfire had both gone. Looks like one of those irritating intermittent faults and I don't want to chase it by randomly replacing parts so will live with...
  14. S500 Pete

Light-coloured interiors!

My S222 has powered ones in the back
  15. S500 Pete

Light-coloured interiors!

I have privacy glass in the back as well as shades on the rear screen and back windows. Helps keep the sun off the leather when parked at home.
  16. S500 Pete

Error code 0308

Resolution, possibly Had the car serviced a couple of weeks ago and mentioned the problem. They checked the coil pack, lead, plug etc and said they couldn't see a fault. I have since done a few hundred miles and it hasn't happened again. I think (and hope) that it might have been just a loose...
  17. S500 Pete

Mercedes Me turned off for pre 2020 vehicles

We have/ had the units plugged into the OBD. These shouldn't be affected as they just use bluetooth to whatever your phone is. My module was actually returned because I kept kicking the ****** thing.
  18. S500 Pete

Error code 0308

Not been using the S500 much since the first error message as we have used my wife's. Took it out today and about 5 miles from home it came on again and could feel the misfire. Pulled over, turned it off waited a minute and then restarted. No engine light and when I plugged in my fault reader...

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom