Search results

1. T

E250 Blue-Cy Agarde Cdi 2010 (W212) - Power Issues

Hey, I have a E250 Blue-Cy Agarde Cdi W212 2010 that has issues with its power output. The car has done 103,000 miles. When starting the car it is normal but after 20-30 minutes it goes into limp mode and the check engine light comes on. When idle with the car, the rev meter bounces at 1000...
  2. T

Identify loose parts found under seat

Hi All, A little help please... I've been trying to find where a certain part goes on my car. I found it whilst vacuuming the car under the driver seat... for the life of me I cant figure out what it is or where it goes???:confused: As you can see there is a number on it and a 'R' (I found...
  3. T

SL55 ABC mind of its own!

Hi, I was in Park with the car running and noticed that it slowly raised it suspension up to maximum height. It then suddenly went back to the lowest setting, and the cycle started again. All four corners are doing the same. I switched off the car. Waited half hour and tried again. The...
  4. T

Loose Panoramic roof

Hi All, Wasn't sure where to post this problem so apologies in advance. For the last few months I was driving around my SL55 with loads of air noise above 60mph. I thought the roof may need adjusting but it seems that the roof mechanism is fine. The panoramic roof is loose. I can literally...
  5. T

Noisy Engine needing fine tuning

Hi All, Just need to be pointed in the right direction. I've had loads of work done on my SL55. It was stood for 1 year as was not running right. All has been sorted by Andy from Eurocharged including remap, new pulleys, full service, brake discs and pads, suspension rebuild etc etc. Car...
  6. T

R230- Replace Near Side Bonnet Hinge

Hi, Has anyone changed a bonnet hinge on the R230? I've had one of the arms break on mine and wanted to change myself. May seem an easy fix but does anyone have any instructions on how best to do it. It looks like its riveted together so may need some professional tools. Any pointers happily...
  7. T

Sticky Handbrake R230 SL55

Hi, Just a quick one. When releasing the handbrake, you can feel the handbrake release but the light does not switch off until multiple pulls of the lever. I want to lubricate the cable/mechanism. Has anyone got the instructions on how to do this. Also, when pushing on the pedal to set the...
  8. T

SL High level boot brake light

Hi, Has anyone got the instructions on how to remove the brake light on the boot. I've got about 5 LEDs out that I want to try and repair. The seal around it has disintegrated so prob caused by water ingress! Thanks in advance
  9. T

R230 Fuel filler cap not securing..

Hi, Having a problem with the fuel filler cap. Sometimes when opening the central locking it flicks open. The electrics seem fine as you can see the pin move in and out when using the key fob, but the internal plastic piece in the hole doesn't move out of the way sometimes. I have uploaded...
  10. T

SL55 AMG roof leak

Hi, I have a small issue of a water leak on my R230. I know these roofs can be adjusted, just wondering if anyone has instructions on how it is done. Also, I get excessive noise in the cabin at 80mph+ (on the track of course:cool:). I don't think the seals needs replacing. Any help...
  11. T

Reprogramming after Battery Change r230

Hi, Quick question, I know after a battery change you can reprogram the sl55 yourself. Something do do with putting the windows down and back up and likewise with the roll bar? Can anyone confirm? Thanks :D
  12. T

R230 SL55 Stuck in Park

Hi All, I've lost the will to live.:cry: It feels like my car is continually fighting with me. I finally got round to sorting the battery issues on it and after just a couple of weeks the car is now stuck in Park. It starts absolutely fine and after reading some other posts on here it looks...
  13. T

R230 SL55 Batteries required

Hi, My SL55 has been parked for months now due to babies! :) Both batteries are now shot. I was looking to replace both as I don't think they are salvageable, and I understand Varta were the original factory fits? Below are the details: Starter Battery: Varta 12V 35Ah 520A(EN) Supply...
  14. T

R230 SL55 Handling issues

Hi, Yet another issue on the SL. After spanking just shy of £4000 on the suspension after the car just decided to sit down on its tyres, its now (in just over a year) handling like a double decker bus. You feel every bump in the road, the traction control kicks in whenever your right foot...
  15. T

W114 250 CE 1969 - Engine required

Hi, Needed an engine for my next project. It for a 1969 250ce. The current engine is completely shot. I understand that these models were fitted with the M114 I6 engine. What other models of MBs can I potentially look at to find replacement? Any pointers would be much appreciated...
  16. T

Engine Rebuild needed W114 250CE 1969

Hi All, I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction. I've just purchased a 1969 250ce that I wish to completely restore it. First on the list is to get it running! It needs a bottom end rebuild and I wanted any suggestions of good and reasonable places which could carry this out. I...
  17. T

Diamond cut wheels SL55

Hi, Made a big mistake of refurbing my SL55 (03) multispoke alloys. The job is great, however the original diamond cut is gone and the wheels have been sprayed. I wanted the original diamond cut finish back. Anyone know of a cheap local place around Heathrow airport? I was thinking of...
  18. T

Leaky seal 2003 SL55

Hi, With all the recent weather a mediorce problem has turned into a larger one resulting with a wet bum after any long night with consistant rain! The SL has a leaky roof, with water coming in from the driver side roof where the hard top touches the top of corner of the windscreen. I...
  19. T

SL 55 Require instructions for changing the oil level sensor

Hi, Has anyone got a decent set of instructions to chage the oil level sensor on a 2003 SL55? Kind Regards Titch

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom