Search results

1. Silver_Star

Offside front linkage and suspension arm

If your not in a rush order a Lemforder arm from the Auto Doc app. Watch their prices they fluctuate like ECP, 38% discount is the time to order. Auto Doc tend to be about 40% less then ECP.
  2. Silver_Star

Blocked oil filter

After throwing all the various flushes in, have you checked the oil pickup strainer? IMO, flushes are always risky on older higher mile engines.
  3. Silver_Star

Draining a fuel tank

Take the pipe that come from the injector leak offs and put it into cans whilst the engine is running.
  4. Silver_Star

W211 E class question

Don't be put of by the miles on these, as long as its backed up with service history, buy on condition. I bought mine on 170k, it's now on about 215k. Sounds like most the common things have been taken care of. Just listen for clunks and squeaks on the front end when you test drive it and...
  5. Silver_Star

PARKING BRAKE FAILURE

Have a look under the rear seats, there will be an access panel to where the cable splits in two. Id wager one of the cables has slipped out here so your only applying a cable at one side.
  6. Silver_Star

W204 route for OSF brake pipe.

Can't comment on a W204, but do you need to replace the pipe in it's entirety? I joined the NSF pipe on my S211 behind the engine.
  7. Silver_Star

W211 Battery Voltage Running High

More then likely the voltage regulator/bush pack on the alternator.
  8. Silver_Star

Rust

I believe MB now recommend that the new perches are riveted on.
  9. Silver_Star

Question about OM 646 Evo engine on W211

I have face lift S211 with OM646, on about 207k miles no issues, just regular oil and filter changes.
  10. Silver_Star

W210 300TD gearbox and diagnostic issues...

Could well be the conductor plate in the gearbox, easy enough to change. Check the TCU first for any oil contamination that seeps in from the pilot bush connector on the gearbox.
  11. Silver_Star

Recommended Oil For 2004 S320 Diesel W220 Series

Basicaly anything on this list.... https://bevo.mercedes-benz.com/bevolisten/229.51_en.html#close But you can get 20l of genuine merc oil on ebay for about £60 so personally id go with that...
  12. Silver_Star

W210 cdi alternator possible to retrofit?

Do you actually need a replacement alternator? Or could you just change the voltage regulator/bush pack.
  13. Silver_Star

C270 question

It will be 170ps / 168hp
  14. Silver_Star

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Retaining pin's are not going through outer pad.
  15. Silver_Star

Budget - Fuel Duty

Well Mr Osborne seem to have come good, hopefully the price of crude will drop slightly once the Lybia issue is sorted (provided Japan don't push it back up again)..... "Fuel duty to be cut by 1p per litre from 6pm tonight. Fuel duty escalator that adds 1p to fuel duty on top of inflation...

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom