Search results

1. T

X164 2007 airmatic suspension system

Latest update: someone has been out to look at the car. He connected his laptop and cleared all the codes, including a timeout code for the suspension compressor. He started the engine and it ran as normal. He was able to control the suspension height with the laptop and everything appeared to...
  2. T

x164 om642

Would circuit 87 being in constant open circuit cause the engine to start then shut down after a few seconds?
  3. T

The 40 amp fuse had blown when the old compressor went which was one reason for wanting to change the relay in the first place. I have had the old relay checked out and it still works fine Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. T

I did attempt to change the relay at the same time and that may or may not have complicated things. I purchased a relay from a well known high street store. I took my old relay with me and asked for a direct replacement. The assistant checked both the old and the new relay and said they were...
  5. T

Since changing my airmatic suspension compressor my engine (OM642) has stopped running! I assume this is just a coincidence but you never know. The engine now starts, runs for 30 seconds before the engine shuts off. Can anyone think of a link between the two that might explain what’s happening...
  6. T

X164 OM642 engine cuts out

What I can read with my scan tool is: With the ignition off a rail pressure of 870 KPa When it starts the rail pressure is 30,000 KPa When the engine cuts out the pressure drops over a minute back down to 870 KPa I don’t know what values to expect and if these are as expected. Sent from my...
  7. T

I am told that this might be a problem with the fuel pressure either an injector or the high pressure pump. What values should I be seeing with this engine? Would a drop in pressure cause the engine to stop? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  8. T

Hi Malcolm, Many thanks for your advice - sounds like a good plan. Is it easy to get to I can’t tell in the dark. Regards Tony Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  9. T

I have read a thread stating that a excessive exhaust back pressure signal from a faulty sensor would cause OM642 engine to start run for a short while then cut out. When the unplugged the sensor the car would run as normal. I have just tried this to no effect. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. T

Hi all, Just to fill you in on where I am with this. I had already ordered a camshaft position sensor before I got Malcolm’s message so decided to fit it anyway. After fitting the car started ran for about 30 seconds before stopping again as before. I read the codes and got P0341 camshaft...
  11. T

Circuit drawing for X164 2007 GL320 air suspension control needed

Hi Dreamer, Thanks for this. Unfortunately, it links out to BBB motor for the wiring diagrams and when I click on the link I get a message saying server error - There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.
  12. T

Circuit drawing for X164 2007 GL320 air suspension control needed

Does anyone have a circuit drawing showing the control of the air suspension in a x164 GL320 particularly showing where the contacts of the air compressor relay go to? Thanks Tony
  13. T

Could it be a problem with the back-pressure sensor? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  14. T

Hi Malcolm, Did you mean camshaft position sensor or crankshaft position sensor? I ask because the code I had was for the camshaft sensor A bank 1 Regards Tony
  15. T

The only reason why I didn’t think it was the cps is that when I cleared the fault from the memory and started the car with the same problem it did not show any code when I read the codes Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  16. T

Just a thought: could the replacement compressor relay that I was given at a high street parts shop have been the wrong one! I have switched it back to the old one but still same problem! If it was wrong could it have damaged any component or circuit? If it has I’m really annoyed because I...
  17. T

On the flat but with the suspension failing the front has been down and the back up for the past week Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  18. T

I am having problems with my GL320. The engine will turn over easy and start. It will run fine for about 30 seconds then cut out. Any ideas what the problem could be? I have a Creader VIII and the only code I picked up was P0340 camshaft position sensor. I cleared the code started the engine and...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom