Search results

1. Chrishazle

W204 parking sensor numbering

Looking at the diagram Dave posted, looks like No. 10 is rear NS outer.
  2. Chrishazle

Possible EV.

If you think owning an MB is an invitation to have your wallet raped, just think what damage a Labour government would do to it!! Not saying the Conservatives are much better these days, but for decades I have described Labour as the politics of jealousy!! However, I do not want to start a...
  3. Chrishazle

Need service history of my next car

This GDPR BS from dealers is precisely that - BS. When I bought my (second user) S203 I already had a service invoice from the MB dealer containing the owner's details, but the dealer played Silly B's about supplying further service invoices and eventually did, but with the owners details cut...
  4. Chrishazle

Dazzling Headlights.

My bitch is the height of headlights on SUV's compared to the rear window and rear view mirror on "normal" cars (my S204 for example). Soon as they're behind you, quite possibly doing their normal crawl up the tailpipe trick, their lights are so high they are straight into my rear view mirror...
  5. Chrishazle

Possible EV.

Hartech have been playing with Porsche engines since way before the Boxster etc that is now their main business, they used to do lots for FE Porsches of the 1980's and 90's - 924/8, 944 and 968.
  6. Chrishazle

Difficult Decision

JBell has flagged my comment - you can't afford to get an S65/3, can afford to maintain 3 high spec MB's but are prepared to take on the maintenance costs of a Bently!! Helen, you need a reality check - but with your background would it work??:eek::eek:
  7. Chrishazle

Difficult Decision

No, let Helen reply, maybe I could sneak it past management replacing my SLK280 - I tried when looking to replace the 968 cab, but as soon as I mentioned the power of the 55 it was MIL diet and total ban!!
  8. Chrishazle

Sat nav updates

If your system does not require a PIN specific to your vehicle VIN (as for NTG4.5 and onwards, Richard/Mark will tell you) then once you know the correct spec of the DVD's you need look online Ebay etc for "GENUINE MB second user" DVD's, but be aware that MB have stopped issuing updates for...
  9. Chrishazle

Sat nav updates

From the OP's post on t'other side he's got NTG4 DVD's instead of Audio 50 APS dvd's.
  10. Chrishazle

Anyone here own a Porsche Cayenne?

You may get a cheaper deal on an equivalent VW Toureg, friends in next village have one of each, and much of Julian's Touareg are common to James's Cayenne!
  11. Chrishazle

Service records online?

I have the DSR from new for the first few (6) years before it left North Wales, and it's useless. For a start the print-out is such a small font it's almost un-readable, and then, as I also have service invoices from the MB main dealer that supplied and serviced the car, it's obvious that the...
  12. Chrishazle

S210 E320 cdi T model. Tailgate lights

If the E estate is anything like my C estate, access to the rear lights is by opening the appropriate rear side hide-away and then unclipping the top and bottom of the bulb holder and pulling it out so you can get to the bulbs. Replacing the reversing bulbs with LED projectors makes a big...
  13. Chrishazle

What audio?

From your VIN look for a site (via here!!) to decode the VIN for what your car left the factory with - or cheat by emailing your VIN to comandonline.co.uk (@Alfie) who will decode the VIN, tell you what you have and what you can do with it! A couple of miles from J3 M3 they're not too far from...
  14. Chrishazle

What valuation will i get on my car

I made the mistake of asking WBAC for a valuation of my S204. Not only was it very low, it has resulted in daily emails from them chasing me to sell to them - and whether it's my PC or the hotmail account I used, the "unsuscribe" link does nothing!
  15. Chrishazle

Spare key for W203

OP, please put your approximate location in your profile, it helps other members offer help fairly local to you when you ask for help!!
  16. Chrishazle

SLK R171 washer bottle leak

A word to the wise - I had a washer pump fail on the 968 cab a few years ago, bought a cheapie pump off eBay, it worked for about a month then packed up. Bought a slightly more expensive pump from a well known make and fitted that, it was still going strong a few years later when I PX'd the car...
  17. Chrishazle

Radio upgrade

Research well before going for a Chinese direct swop unit, there are reports of success but also of total failures, and for example comandonline will not only not supply them, they will not fit customer supplied ones as there have been so many problems after fitting. There are many posts/threads...
  18. Chrishazle

Radio upgrade

The pre-facelift 204 has NTG4, for which there are no map updates after 2018-19, but a HDD upgrade is needed to install anything after 2015. Guess how I know!! The HDD upgrade alone was £400 including installing the latest 2018-19 maps, at the time I had it done it was thought that MB would...
  19. Chrishazle

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Well, I now have 2 more quotes for doing the bonnet and tailgate spoiler on the S204, all 3 are over £1k and within £100-150 of each other. The cheapest (£1122) wants to replace the entire bonnet with an aftermarket one as he reckons that is cheaper than prepping the old one, I'm not comfortable...
  20. Chrishazle

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Got the quote for just the bonnet and tailgate spoiler, it's into 4 figures and double what I paid almost exactly 4 years ago for the bonnet and roof, so will now go to a couple of other local bodyshops for a quote as I feel the first mob are having a giraffe!

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom