Search results

1. col320ce

Surging Idle

It was the purge valve. Back to a beautiful idle again.
  2. col320ce

Surging Idle

I've pulled the purge valve out and I can blow through it in both directions and putting 12v across it does not seem to do anything. I think this could be the culprit... I'll replace it and see what happens.
  3. col320ce

Surging Idle

I have a 320CE w124.052 M104 engine The car suddenly started idle surging. It is only at idle; if I put my foot on the accelerator even just a tiny bit (not enough to increase the revs) is completely goes away. Lights go dim then bright when it is surging. Its worse after I come to a stop. The...
  4. col320ce

Heater control valve repair

Has anyone used these kits to repair the heater control valves? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mercedes-Benz-Heater-Valve-Repair-Kit/dp/B078BNLG6G I assume they are all made by the same company no matter where you get them from?? 1993 W124 320CE Thanks!!
  5. col320ce

What's this on my transmission??

This is what the plug looks like - got it undone ... still struggling to find anything useful on Google. Both the male and the female sides in the pictures below ...
  6. col320ce

My switch that's leaking is on the other side of the transmission (actually coming out the back)
  7. col320ce

I can't find it on google ... have you got a website address?
  8. col320ce

1993 w124 320CE (124.050, engine 104.992, trans 722.503) There is an oil leak on the back corner of the transmission. I think it's coming from where a wire goes into the trans; either that or it's the pan gasket. The number on the plug (I think) is 201 545 00 30 but I cant find anything about...
  9. col320ce

Auto transmission is slow going into first gear after braking

I put 120 ml into the trans and the level is at the top of the dipstick and gear changes were good today (but really needs a longer test drive.)
  10. col320ce

Ok ... last question... Other than the oil pan gasket, are there any other seals that should be replaced? I read that the "front pump seal" is the most likely cause of my leak ... any idea if this is a simple one to replace (suspect it will be a PITA).
  11. col320ce

Thanks everyone. I've fired the question off to the MB Classic Centre to see what they have to say. I've read that the 722.5 trans are more susceptible to incorrect ATF hence all the questions. In the mean time I think I should be safe getting some Nulon Fully Synthetic ATF to top up with...
  12. col320ce

Is there any issue mixing fully synthetic and mineral oils in this trans (not sure what is currently in there)? I assume I should go with the 236.81 spec as this is the most recent (fully synthetic)? Sorry to hassle...
  13. col320ce

Can I use any oil that is 236.1/7/9/10/81 compatible? (https://bevo.mercedes-benz.com/bevolisten/231.1_en.html) Some are synthetic and some are not. For topping up does it matter as I don't know what is in there now? I'm in Australia so the brand lists that I have found are not products...
  14. col320ce

Awesome. I did check the level as per the instructions above however it was after a 30min drive and the car was probably hotter than 80 deg C. The level was about 2/3's up the 80 deg C scale on the dipstick. However it has been dripping oil for a while so I am happy that it is likely to be...
  15. col320ce

1993 w124 320CE (124.050, engine 104.992, trans 722.503) When I break reasonably heavily at a roundabout and then accelerate just at the point that the car is stopping, or about to stop, the engine revs in neutral and then the transmission goes into gear about a second later. I doubt that going...
  16. col320ce

W210 Key not working (spare key works fine)

Hi I have a W210 E240 (1999 I think) where one of the keys is not working. The "good" key is fine with both central locking and starting the car however the spare "bad" key won't do either. The batteries have been replaced and the lights flash as though it is trying to open the central locking...
Top Bottom