Search results

1. D

A/C re=gassed again.

Spray some soapy water over the high / low pressure port connections as sometimes the valves can leak slowly
  2. D

Engine oil analysis results

Oil filters fine at 10k interval , it has to be removed to refill oil anyway so it’s inspected. Half the new oil goes down the filler cap and the other half down the oil filter housing. Let it sit for about 15mins before firing up. I use 5w40 recommended by Jeep for heavy use such as towing...
  3. D

Engine oil analysis results

Always change mine in my Jeeps om642 every 5k with a filter every 10k. I’m mentioned quite a few times in posts I have made how thin the oil is after being thrashed through the long timing chain. Curious though , do these oil tests look at current viscosity ? of supplied samples and report how...
  4. D

Steel fuel line repair - brass or plastic?

The plastic fitting probably has an o ring each end that will eventually go hard or perish and eventually cause issues , so the brass one is best.
  5. D

Indicator relay

Most modern vehicles have no flasher relay , the circuitry is normally inside the switch itself and there will be a tiny noise generating device that makes the relay clicking noise. My 06 Jeep /04 skoda fabia / 07 Peugeot 107 all these 3 to my misfortune I have had to replace indicator switches...
  6. D

E350 w221 om642 does not crank

Reach down if you can and get hold of the starter solenoid connection , don’t pull it off but wiggle it around / and also try to push the wire into the plug and then see if the engine will start. My Jeep with the om642 ( grand Cherokee 3.0crd ) mines a 2006…. but all the 05-10 diesel models...
  7. D

CLS 2010 3.0 V6 Diesel slow to start.

Check the glow relay and plugs , engine is the om642 in this jeep… the air filter setup is different but every thing else is same as yours so just copy the procedure Starter motor may be tired and slow , you need 200rpm before ecu fires injectors
  8. D

Slipping Gears / No electronic fault detected on the diagnostics

What are you reading the codes with ?, I would fully expect the ecu to pick up the high rpm surge ?
  9. D

" The Black Death" How can I prevent or prolong re-occurrence?

In the past I have used a couple of Honda washers on my om642 engine when two injectors suffered Black Death , but when I replaced all 6 injectors about 4 years ago I used the standard Mercedes washers but first I annealed them to make them soft. They are not completely flat and being hard as...
  10. D

TDC on 208d 4 stroke diesel engine

Have a search on this forum , it’s a goldmine for Mercedes info http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/
  11. D

W211 om646 crank no start

I have read threads like this before and it either turns out the tank or high pressure connections ( low pressure from tank ) are the wrong way around. Just spend some time checking hoses out as nothing worse than doing lots of work to find out it’s been trying to send fuel up a return line
  12. D

W221 S350 not starting (doesn’t even try) after service.

Purchase a can of ACF 50 , take each fuse and relay out one at a time and either use a small paint brush or a cotton bud or even a small piece of foam and just put a drop on the contacts in the fuse box ,or on the fuse / relay pins and then pop them back in. My Jeeps under bonnet fuse boxes...
  13. D

OM642 EGR clean

Whats icarly ??
  14. D

OM642 EGR clean

One with gasket One with o ring
  15. D

OM642 EGR clean

There are different versions of the egr for the different om642 versions then. The om642 in my 06 Jeep just uses the large o ring only to seal it as per the valve in the eBay link below...
  16. D

OM642 EGR clean

Just there to stop exhaust gas leaking out
  17. D

OM642 EGR clean

There are two options , either the gasket pictured or a large o ring.. 22 & 23 in the posted part drawing
  18. D

om605

Tyres all the same size ? , only suggesting this as you mention when it’s on cruise control
  19. D

2006 SL500 M273 engine serpentine routing plan

From my experience over the years with two om603 engines and an om606, a squeaking that starts a few seconds after engine start up ( cold engine ) quite loudly and then tails off after about one minute to near silence has always been a failing water pump. It will still do it on a part /semi...
  20. D

OM642 EGR clean

There was a video on YouTube a long time ago but I’m afraid I’m unable to find it where someone got some steel bar and basically made a C spanner type affair that had two steel dowels that fitted into the bolt holes on the egr valve and then they could rotate the valve gently back and forth and...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom