Search results

1. marlowboy

More problems Battery?

Okay, Battery it is then, than you!
  2. marlowboy

More problems Battery?

Me again…..just back from getting the MOT done all good. They checked my Front Battery for me with their super duper machine and it shows that Battery is Good.12.92v. Starter Test showed Normal 10.63v but charging shows Low, 12.67v. It is indeed an old Batery. So with this figures would folks go...
  3. marlowboy

More problems Battery?

I assume the readings I got are ok for the Rear Battery, its the Front Starter Battery I need to replace…….probably?
  4. marlowboy

More problems Battery?

Thanks for replies. It’s. 2004 SL 350 R320. Love it!
  5. marlowboy

More problems Battery?

Hi all, if anyone was interested…..finally got my Coil Springs fitted, all good fun! whilst it’s been off the road, 4 Weeks(!) I had a few pretty lights come on Dash, ABS ESP etc, local Garage replaced the Rear ABS sensor, had to drill it out! that put all the lights out, great! Driving home...
  6. marlowboy

Coil Springs, who’s a silly boy…

It’s on! Still unsure why it didn’t just bolt straight on. Fitted the nuts on the three studs, adjustable wrench on the joint and my trusty Scaffold Pole, turned enough to get it through the Arm, it’s now at the Garage for a new ABS Sender, I just couldn’t be bothered! Love old Cars!
  7. marlowboy

Thank you for the answers folks. I did try my old Spring Compressor Tool originally but it didn’t feel safe, not going round the Spring enough and thought, nah that’s going to slip off. i looked at the bottom seat and it looks “fixed” I’ll have another look but seems strange as if it had moved...
  8. marlowboy

Can you believe this saga is still continuing? I got a pair of quality Springs, local Indy fitted O/S one for me, easy replace. Took N/S unit to him, fitted Spring, went to put on the car, the three Studs do not line up with the holes. Returned as I assumed he had fitted it wrong, took it off...
  9. marlowboy

Sl350 r230 failed MOT on 2 Broken front Coil springs…. What a drama! N/S all came undone apart from couldn’t get the Shock out of the arm, left it soaking and went to the O/S. All apart no problem but couldn’t get the Spring compressed enough to fit it, took it to my local Garage, they couldn’t...
  10. marlowboy

Fault but no Codes?

Thank, I’ll check in the morning.
  11. marlowboy

Fault but no Codes?

Hi, no, should I have done and for what reason?
  12. marlowboy

Fault but no Codes?

Hi again, i have now charged both Batteries. Front one is showing 12.86v and 12.50 when running. Rear one is showing 12.42v and 14.03 when running. I still can not understand why from the same Alternator I’m getting 2...
  13. marlowboy

Fault but no Codes?

Hi, no Dealer involved for this! I can’t get my head round why the difference between Front and Rear, same Alternator. Is the Front Battery U/S?
  14. marlowboy

Fault but no Codes?

Mercedes.....just checked output, Rear Battery which is 3 Months old shows 14.1V running Front Battery is old! Showing 12.4V Running im not the brightest but shouldn’t they be the same? The old GTO, I’m still flatting and polishing after...
  15. marlowboy

Fault but no Codes?

Thank you for reply, I’ll have a look tomorrow.
  16. marlowboy

Fault but no Codes?

Me again....... 250 Mile drive to the coast and back, also charged for 12 hours before we left, disconnected Rear Battery for a while, reconnected, it’s still on! Any other ideas before going to the Garage? Thank you if you can offer any idea.
  17. marlowboy

Fault but no Codes?

Will do, it doesn’t get used as much as she deserves, 16 years old and 61k miles!
  18. marlowboy

Fault but no Codes?

Hi all, long time since I’ve Posted on here, been busy restoring a 30 year old GTO, joy! 2005 350SL has the Red Battery and Visit Workshop illuminated. I’ve put my Isoft Reader on her and it’s showing no Fault Codes......errrm, she has a Fault! Any ideas please? Many thanks again and stay safe!
  19. marlowboy

MOT, it failed

Hi, I made a Smoke Machine, sad person that I am! A Pickled Onion Jar given by the local Fish & Chip Shop. Drill a hole in the top, insert 5mm rubber Hose, another hole and connect to a tyre inflator to pressur the Jar, then bought for a couple of quid of Ebay some Smoke Pellets, tightly seal...
  20. marlowboy

Changed Battery.....successfully!

Sl350 bad “Boot” Battery, swapped it by using a 3rd Battery connected with Jump Leads to the Terminals, carefully removed Terminals from “dead” Battery and then took it out and slotted nice shiny new Battery in and carefully replaced Terminals, removed Jump Leads and still have all my original...

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom