Search results

1. clarkmichigan55b

Sprinter starting problem

Good afternoon, This You Tube video may be of help.
  2. clarkmichigan55b

Fumes In Cabin - 4 Garages Have Said The Car Is Perfect

Top tip wait till it is dark and you are not surrounded by any bright lights start the engine lift the bonnet and shine a torch around the engine bay to see if any fumes/smoke is present.
  3. clarkmichigan55b

2014 313 Sprinter - engine light

You could get in contact with O Rileys Autos based in Biggleswade Bedfordshire. I have enclosed a You Tube video in which he explains the reason not to do forced regenerations.
  4. clarkmichigan55b

Buying an old (1987 W124) Mercedes and need some advice on corosion

I would give it a miss. There is always some thing better if you take your time.
  5. clarkmichigan55b

2014 W906 316 auto

Good afternoon, Dont know about the interchangeability of the radio could try a car radio company I have enclosed links to You Tube sprinter fuse location Also a link to Florida Van Man all things sprinter. Hope this is of help. https://www.youtube.com/@FloridaVanMan/featured
  6. clarkmichigan55b

Parts finder that works with VIN?

I use catcar.info for my van. https://www.catcar.info/en/
  7. clarkmichigan55b

replacing a 307d with a more powerful engine

Good afternoon and welcome. This has been done before 6 d diesels on you tube has done this to a T1 207d with a om601. Best to contact him as he will know all the pitfalls. Hope this is of help.
  8. clarkmichigan55b

308 HEADLIGHTS WANTED (Do other types work ? )

The head light on the 207/307/208 etc should be interchangeable not sure about the 814. If you do purchase second hand lights make sure that they are for driving on the left. There is a arrow on the glass pointing to the nearside. Hope this is of help.
  9. clarkmichigan55b

Mercedes Sprinter Central Locking

Hello Alan, Have you tried this. https://mbparts.mbusa.com/mercedes-sprinter-door-lock-problems
  10. clarkmichigan55b

1999 312 Sprinter rear leaf spring chassis mounts RUST!

Good morning, Have you tried your local Mercedes commercial dealer for what chassis parts are available. Enclosed link to catcar info put in your vin number and go to the appropriate page to see what parts are available. http://www.catcar.info/mercedes/?lang=en
  11. clarkmichigan55b

Pootle the CamperVito

If it is a standard part start with Mercedes main dealer.
  12. clarkmichigan55b

Pootle the CamperVito

Unfortunately i have never worked on a vito should be straightforward once you have found the level plug. The vehicle needs to be on level ground when checking.
  13. clarkmichigan55b

Pootle the CamperVito

Interesting the timing chain tensioner loose also the crankshaft pulley loose has somebody been there before you doing some engine work. Has the gearbox been checked for oil?.
  14. clarkmichigan55b

207d - Can anyone help me find a spare part?!?

I didn't realise that you àre in another country. I was in my local Mercedes dealer yesterday and the part is in-stock in Germany price in the UK is £8.70 +vat.
  15. clarkmichigan55b

207d - Can anyone help me find a spare part?!?

Good morning,. Is it the small elbow breather hose on top of the rocker box cover?. Have you tried your local Mercedes commercial vehicle dealer.
  16. clarkmichigan55b

T2 611D rotting scuttle panel advice required, please?

Good afternoon and welcome, A lot of time and effort to do a job like this and also are the panel/s still available from Mercedes. If the rest of the vehicle is as bad i would walk away and find another vehicle. I Know your vehicle is a T2 but it gives you an idea of the work involved i have...
  17. clarkmichigan55b

1995 T1 208D+ rear chassis rails

Done a good job there that kept you busy for many a hour. would have liked to had a chat with more on Sunday. 3 in a row. Adrian.
  18. clarkmichigan55b

Concrete Con.

I remember them Fodens back in the 60/70s with 2 stroke engines. I started work with the RMC group Hall and co at clock house lane Bedfont workshops in 1974.
  19. clarkmichigan55b

1995 T1 208D+ rear chassis rails

Good afternoon Chris, After looking at the information on your van plus i had a look at a brochure from September 1990 the 3080 GVW was not available in 1990 The 3080Kg was introduced at a latter part of the production. Your van was a no frills model like mine which you paid extra for power...
  20. clarkmichigan55b

Mercedes Sprinter 313 SAM Unit Replacement Advice

This may be of interest if you have to do it.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom