Search results

1. R

Hydrocarbon content excessive?

Ended up being the plugs. GSF sold me the wrong plugs for the car. Always had hard time starting. Was told by another member take a plag out if it had a R on it change the plugs to F8DC4. Did this and it passed & the car run much better.
  2. R

1990 R129 Window not working.

Thanks lostkiwi Will do that and let you know the outcome. Got to try to get it passes a M O T first ASAP. Thank again Rob
  3. R

Which switc are you talking about? Is it the limit switch and if so were in the door is that? Do i just case the wires coming off that switch and thats it? Sorry for all the ?s BUT i am just a beginner were electrics are concerned. Do appreciate all the help you give, saves me money i just do...
  4. R

Sorry it the button by mistake. Think its the part that stops the door when going down. Can use the window BUT not go all the way down otherwise it just stops there and will not go up. Thanks for your help Lostkiwi. Rob
  5. R

Ok. Got the hard top off manually and also put the sort top up the same way But no joy with the window its still in the bottom of the door. Found the 2 wires for the moter and undid them and then took the moter out by un doing 3 nuts. Was surprised how easy it came out with the window down...
  6. R

The hardtop is on and will not work since the window got stuck. Was ok before. Going to take the hard top off manually tomorrow and see how that goes BUT i know its a silly wire problem some where. Will also do another code reader and see what comes up. Will let you know how i get on tòmorrow...
  7. R

Must have got mixed up with the wrong page. Thanks for letting me know. The moter must be 3 bolts ? With the multimeter what setting do i need to have it on? Sorry for all the ?s but only know very little about cars. Rob
  8. R

So it number 12 with 5 flashs on the 16 point code reader socket. 12 - 5 = Left front door actuator , open Circuit. Any clues? Must be something simple because its been happening for years bit never had the window stay down. Rob
  9. R

Lostkiwi Was moping you would come on here. What do you think about the actuator? Would that have any problem with the window going up and the fault code in #1?. Had this car for 13 years and the window works fine 95% of the time but now its stuck down and will not come up. Think i know what...
  10. R

Were is the actuator on the door? Thanks Rob
  11. R

Bought another door and lucky its the driver side door. BUT can you tell me were on the door is the actuator is? Thanks Rob
  12. R

Have a 1990 R129 mercedes and the driver window is stuck down. Have had problems with this window for years. Some times it kust goes off and a bang on the door brongs it back on. BUT know its stuck down and needs a m o t today. Not took the hard top off for this year so will try that today...
  13. R

It's got new air filter and plugs are less than six months old. The car has not been drivern a lot. Only had 3000k since last MOT and that had no problems and the car has never had any problem like this. Will give it a good run and see how that goes. It was sitting around for a while. Thanks Rob
  14. R

My r129 failed MOT on the hydrocarbon content excessive. What would make the car do This? Should be 0.132 but it was 1432. Did have the ma's module changed and found out they did not clear codes but I did this and car is not running right. Anyone help. Also anyone got got any pictures of the...
  15. R

R129 500sl 1990?

Need a diagram of the metal back brake pipes lines , can anyone help? Can some one also point out which one comes from the compensater valve? Thanks Rob
  16. R

R129 ? x 2

Just wanted to add that after driving the car for 2 days i used the code reader on the suspension fault 9-6 and cleared the code. The light on dash has gone and the car is now back to its old self. The car drive great just hope that ASR stays as it is. I could have spent alot of money changing...
  17. R

R129 ? x 2

The car is ALIVE!! Because of the lockdown and where my car is i could not work on it until this week. Before i did the above with the ground wires i found a ABS cable 540 7009 it goes from the front right wheel up into the engine bay next to where you put the dot4 in. That was the problem so i...
  18. R

R129 ? x 2

Thanks Richard Not been able to work on the car my backs out again. Look at this video on u-tube . 92 SL500 ASR light on , accelerator pedal hard to press part 2. On part 1 he changed his potentiometor but this did not change anything but he tested a orange wire for voltage and the car came...
  19. R

R129 ? x 2

Can anyone tell me how i can test the Mas Module? The wheel sensors do not seem to be the problem. If anyone ever wants to get the mas module off you need to turn the knob on the top all the way around to 0 and the module just pops out. Found that out with a bit of luck. The module looks ok and...

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom