Search results

1. M

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Been in for a few things after the rear suspension sensor rod packed in. Then got a wheel bearing done, a coolant hose which was on it's way out and new disks and pads on the front. That should do me for quite a while.
  2. M

Drove from Newcastle to Thrapston and back for a presentation - quiet and relaxing!
  3. M

After cleaning my boot I realised the paint was seriously dirty so I bought a clay kit and used it. Then a sealant wax - 2 and a half hours later it’s not too shabby.
  4. M

Cost of AMG ownership

I had a CLS55 '05 and to run it was less expensive than my S350CDI - however, if the air suspension fails you will be looking at £700 a corner. Brakes are not too bad on that one. Tyres were a bit of an issue for me as the rears were wide and about £250 each, and they don't last long - 10k max...
  5. M

M278 S500 Advice

Well, got back from a marathon drive yesterday at about 6:30. Set off from Newcastle to Croydon yesterday at about 05:30 to pick the car up. Coming from already owning an '09 S Class I can't believe the difference. The facelift must have had some serious work on soundproofing and flex or maybe...
  6. M

M278 S500 Advice

Well I've seen a video on idle after start and the timing chains are very quiet, so that a good start. Paid my deposit and if all is well collect Saturday - will let you know how I get on. I bought a 2 year full warranty so should be covered if something goes wrong.
  7. M

M278 S500 Advice

Wow - thanks brandwooddixon - I'm getting a video done by the selling garage - I'll ask about noise on startup - what does it sound like? Can I also find out if it has had the check valves done? It's got full MB service history and is 2011 with 97k.
  8. M

M278 S500 Advice

Thanks guys - puts my mind at rest - M278 it is! Will let you know how I get on.
  9. M

M278 S500 Advice

Hi there, Long time lurker and reader. It's thanks to this forum that I got into MB ownership and I haven't regretted a minute of it. I've now had a E320CDI, CLS55 and I'm now on an S320CDI. I'm thinking of getting an S500 (back to petrol - yay) with the M278 engine. I can only afford high...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom