Search results

1. B

30 minutes between startup

Hi Malcolm. A new mechanic with a scope discovered the main distributor that takes the power from the coil before senting it to its partner does have a crack in it. This was discovered by the waveform being ot what it should be. So thats been fixed... We went on a 400km afternoon cruise and...
  2. B

30 minutes between startup

Greetings all. A strange situation with the W140 400SEL 1992 . Ive had her off the road for most of the year, having some major work done on her, such as new steering components, a new rear drivers wheel bearing and suspension issues as well being sorted.. probably around $5000 of work. I...
  3. B

Dislodged Headlight Vacuum pipe

Sorry guys.. Hardly been on here in a while..
  4. B

Bl**dy aircon failed..

September update.... The big empty spot in the garage where the W140 lives is still... empty. The mechanic said the flaps ARE working. The blower IS working, but there is no air moving through... The dryer is clear... so it looks like taking her to work and putting her on the colonoscopy...
  5. B

Bl**dy aircon failed..

Update on the W124; Several AC mechs later, the news is that it is worse than thought.. new compressor and new modules required.. She would be set to cabin cool.. but the left windscreen vent blew hot air. The right; nothing. Outside air blowing into the cabin on the right side. Cost about...
  6. B

Bl**dy aircon failed..

Thats the next target... Thanks for that.
  7. B

Bl**dy aircon failed..

I did think of that, but the blower moves air with the filter in place or not.. Its the flaps inside that are not working.
  8. B

Bl**dy aircon failed..

Update. its 2019.. and the W140 is still in the shop.. Vacuum lines are all OK, and getting vacuum from the engine. Now looking at the possibility of the control unit failing... The fan blows. The AC works.. but no air enters the cabin as the flaps are closed. Thoughts?
  9. B

dashcam for W213

I use a Guard Track GT65EX I bought from Dash Cam Owners Australia. Just under $200AUD DCOA Sales Team Post Office Box 2188, Taren Point N.S.W 2229 www.DashCamOwnersAus.com.au Installed behind the centre mirror, its invisible from the driving position, (and has a screensaver that cuts in at 60...
  10. B

W219 CLS - LED H7 Headlights Installd (Novsight)

Wow... the responses here are truly amazing.... Take that anyway you want. I wrote to the state traffic authority suggesting the 100% increase in road deaths over the past 12 months on rural roads... was partly because traffic are being blinded by badly aligned lights, mostly the the illegal...
  11. B

No. What I want to know is are they really worth the time, expense and trouble? Will they require a modification to the globe mount? Will they damage the headlamp? It seems I cannot get a straight answer from members here, who, like yourself, seem to be pining for conflict. I see lots of...
  12. B

Hey Star... Im out of popcorn. You got any? On a serious note... I do a 200km round trip in the dark for my daily commute. Most of it is on low beam due to the traffic. A great number of drivers are using LED globes, but the cheap and nasty ones that dont work with beam cutoff; they simply have...
  13. B

Looking at the Osram Nightbreaker unlimited, they offer a 250 hour life. I do a 200km daily round trip to the salt mine... this means FOUR months life out if the globe. Can anyone answer these questions Question; Can an LED globe damage the mounting with more heat than halogen? Question: Can...
  14. B

Bl**dy aircon failed..

The blower in the W140 has been decidedly uncool of late.... compressor on, but NO fan. So any ideas? By the way, THIS is what we are getting here. Had to head to a town 250km from me to film a story on the heatwave for the news.... and twas a tad warm on the way! :shock:
  15. B

W140 tyre pressure

Just a stupid question.... The tyre placard for my W140 states the pressure to be 27 PSI. So, being a "do it by the book" bloke, I ran the tyres at that pressure for the past three years, clocking up around 50,000km. This is the tyre print I noticed the other day... My question is, if the...

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom