Search results

1. andrew056

GL320 CDI lots Fuel leaking on the ground from back of engine above the transmission

I take it the engine is an OM 642 so the fuel filter is in the V so that would be the first place to look . You'll have to remove the intake from the turbo to get at the fuel filter .
  2. andrew056

Fuel tank empty 1 side? W212

I think there may be two pumps in the tank I know they got the wrong one to start with but the second try fixed it , I would imagine that they are both low pressure. Somebody must know how this is supposed to work.
  3. andrew056

Fuel tank empty 1 side? W212

We had the same issue with our petrol CLK , the local Indie sorted it in the end after some head scratching but did involve new pump and about £300. I'm still not clear how it works .
  4. andrew056

Intercooler pump replacement

Several questions Has anyone on here done this job , does the 43 have a separate coolant supply for the intercooler , does the system need bleeding and finally is the AVT pump on ebay any good . Any help greatly appreciated.
  5. andrew056

GLC43 intercooler pump noisy

I noticed back in the summer after a long run a strange moaning groaning noise from the offside front of the engine bay and at the time I didn't realise it had a separate cooling system for the intercooler . I've just had a service and the tech mentioned this pump was a bit noisy and of course...
  6. andrew056

New member with hopefully an old problem.

It sounds to me as if it could be the ignition control module breaking down , it can only really be lack of fuel or lack of sparks and as it resets that would indicate an electrical problem. Good luck Andrew
  7. andrew056

W211 E320 CDI Glow Plug Light staying on after start up

If you're blowing fuses inside the relay that would seem to indicate that one of the glow plugs is shorting to earth . Or if the plugs are really OK then it must be the wiring from the relay to the plugs that's shorting out.
  8. andrew056

E320 terrible cold starting

It's nearly always the relay and that looks like the original so replace it and your car will start like new , I fitted a new one on my ML 320 many years ago , fixed the problem.
  9. andrew056

B class engine knocked after aux belt frayed and got sucked into engine

My best guess from the evidence supplied is that bits of the frayed fan belt got between the cam belt and the toothed pulley and caused it to jump a couple of teeth , valves bumping to pistons end of story QED
  10. andrew056

M276 Engine oil leak

My GLC 43 has been at the dealers for a week now to rectify an oil leak under warranty ,thankfully , I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what sort of oil leak could take so long to fix . Not much information forthcoming from the young lady dealing with my vehicle at the...
  11. andrew056

E350 2010 Struggles to start when cold

I really can't see how a thermostat will affect cold starting , the operative word being cold , it obviously needs changing but won't affect starting.
  12. andrew056

E350 2010 Struggles to start when cold

I thought the plugs were supposed to stay on on the 642 engine so I would suspect the relay to be faulty which is common at that age . Used to be about £120+ have a look on ebay
  13. andrew056

Latest update re my C220 Majestic Beauty!!!!

What a wonderful saga , I can't wait for our hero to finally get his engine running , keep at it you'll get there in the end!
  14. andrew056

OM642 Red Tubo seals advice

I used a smear of liquid soap as advised by someone on here and that worked very well
  15. andrew056

Improving A/C Performance

Perhaps all these wind turbines are causing climate change by changing weather patterns.
Top Bottom