Search results

1. S

how do you remove the seal on auto gearbox filler

It certainly is an old thread!! You need to change the transmission fluid filter when you are changing the fluid. That entails taking off the transmission sump pan. There are many videos showing how to do that.
  2. S

Heater fan (blower) stopped working -- Solved

I was nervous buying a non-MB regulator but the one I bought was significantly cheaper than the genuine article and has a two year warranty. The one I fitted cost about €100 including postage. I think genuine MB ones are over €300 new. I see that a new genuine MB blower motor is around €500...
  3. S

Heater fan (blower) stopped working -- Solved

The heater fan on my Merc E220 CDI S212 stopped working recently. The A/C switch looked like it worked perfectly with the lines displayed and increased as I moved the switch -- just nothing from the fan and no OBD error codes either. I had another problem with a coolant leak which was a higher...
  4. S

E Class E220 Estate S212 OM651 Coolant Leak -- Solved?

I want to share a reasonably easy solution to a coolant leak that I had. My E Class Estate started losing coolant a few weeks ago. It first gave me the warning on the dash saying that the coolant was low. When I checked the expansion tank it was about half full. I added coolant and the message...
  5. S

W212 2011 Estate suspension question

I'm not sure what you mean by 'Q number'? There should be a MB part number in the new and the old sensors. That will start with 'A............'. MB do change part numbers when they revise the part. I suggest that it is generally better to go with the latest part no. Go into an MB dealer and the...
  6. S

W204 subframe corrosion

I had the same problem with a corroded rear subframe on my 2011 W204. MB agreed to replace it under warranty, which was great, but I was waiting for over 2 months for the parts to arrive and be fitted. The main dealer in Dublin did keep me informed and they did a great job in fitting the new...
  7. S

W204 C220 Blue Efficiency B19/11 EGT sensor with EURO 5 adapter A6511530056

I looked back at my records and see that I replaced mine with a genuine MB sensor over 5 years ago and it has been fine since then. I assume that MB don't actually manufacture them but they probably do define the specification and quality.
  8. S

S211 Self Levelling Suspension

The pump should only run to inflate the units which should be infrequent. You should also check the level sensors as they can break
  9. S

S211 Self Levelling Suspension

I would guess that one of air suspension units is leaking. Do you know if the replacements were MB or even a known brand? There are a number of spurious suppliers of questionable quality. It could be a leak in the pipe work too. It is worth using soapy water to see if there are any leaks. If...
  10. S

It is unlucky if the new sensor has gone faulty so soon. Did you buy a genuine Merc sensor the last time? If is is permanently showing 1200F then it sounds like it is faulty. I was told that there was a TIPS note regarding a problem with the wiring. I simply replaced the sensor on mine and it...
  11. S

I've decided to get my E350 M272 engine rebuilt.

Hi, Steve@Avantgarde is certainly saying that it isn't a trivial job to take on. However, doing nothing is always an option - after all, it isn't broken. Are the emissions for your MOT OK? If so, with a good servicing regime it should go on for years. By the way, the valve stem seals that...
  12. S

Mercedes w204 c 220 cdi - Exhaust Temp Sensor P054615

I believe that is the temp sensor that is bolted into the exhaust manifold. If you have a good OBD reader you should be able to see the actual temperatures the sensor is showing. With the engine cold and not running it should show the same temperature as the ambient temperature. When the engine...
  13. S

Vehicle Rising Please Wait

The pump only runs when the engine is running. That will pump up the air suspension units but doesn't solve the problem. I don't believe that the battery has anything to do with it. You have a leak in the system. It could be the air lines but is more likely the air suspension units that are...
  14. S

W211 air suspension question

All E Class estates have Self Levelling Suspension at the rear as standard. If a S211 is lopsided one of the air bellows must have failed or maybe the height sensor has failed.
  15. S

W204 water pump replacement

I have seen the smaller pump section available in some of the online parts websites. The genuine MB pump comes with the housing and pipe. There isn't a huge difference in cost though. Of course, no matter which one you get , you will still have to drain and refill the coolant. There isn't a...
  16. S

E350 ABS/ESP light on

Did you fit an MB sensor? I was told on here that non-MB sensors cause problems. Also, would an option be to swap the sensor with the one from the other side and see if the fault moves? It might help to establish if the reluctor ring is the cause of the problem with some certainty prior to...
  17. S

Did you try to drill out the old sensor from the spacer? However, I see that you have the new spacer now and at £9 it is a cheap solution. I don't think I put any ceramic or copper grease on the threads of the sensor or the spacer but it probably is a good idea so that they don't seize up again.
  18. S

When I changed the EGT sensor on my C220 Blue efficiency, the spacer complete with the old sensor unbolted from the manifold but I struggled to unbolt the old sensor from the spacer. It was all so welded together that I thought it was all one unit and the dealership parts department had sold me...
  19. S

P159700 - B19/11 Sensor EGT???

I had that fault and it was resolved by replacing the sensor. It is bolted into the exhaust manifold. You can check the values if you have a good OBD reader. I used an iCarsoft i980 at the time I replaced mine. I checked the temp value of that sensor when the engine was cold and not running. It...
  20. S

Indie needed

I agree, I can't see how a failed battery will cause the rear to drop. It is most likely a leak in the air lines or the suspension units leaking. Cold weather seems to cause the air suspension units to leak more. Maybe that is why they leak some days and not others? You could put soapy water...

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom