Search results

1. C

Air filter box.

Hi Guys, so i had a issue with my engine when the tensioner died last week - See here To get to the bottom of a Whooshing noise when i am accelerating i decided to take all the inter-cooler and air pipes off, and re-seat them. I also decided to open the air filter box. Heres what i...
  2. C

Mercedes C220 CDI W203 Lots of error codes

Hey guys. Back in February i used a garages Snap on machine to read the error codes on my W203. Here is the plethora of what i got. Date: 11/02/2014 Vehicle Make: Mercedes Vehicle Model: C220 CDI Vehicle Year: 2001 Derivative: W203 Tool Used: Snap On Solus Pro 10.2 Vehicle ID as: 2001 MB...
  3. C

Audio 10 BE 6019 replacement

Year: 2001 Model: C220 CDI Type: W203 Hey guys. I have a Type: Audio 10 Model: BE 6019 MB Part#: A 203 820 16 86 [07] Today whilst cleaning the car.. i got carried away and pulled out the centre console because i wanted to see if i could add an aux in for a 3.5 mm jack. Before...
  4. C

C220 CDI W203 Engine oil

Make: merc Model: C220 CDI Transmission: Auto Year: 2001 Hey guys, do you know what engine oil a C220 Cdi W203 takes? Also, can you check the oil level when the car is hot (as in been used). Thanks
  5. C

BAS / ESP after tracking

Mercedes C220 Cdi W203 2001 Auto. Hi Guys. about 2 months ago i got my front disc and pads changed after i noticed there was a really bad wobble when i was breaking at high speed . Also a few weeks later i had the passenger side front suspension arm changed after the garage said it was...
  6. C

CLS320 Diesel Auto Comfort windows issue

Model: CLS320 Body: C219 (I think) Year: 2007 Transmission: Auto Hi Guys. Got a problem. A friend bought a CLS not so long ago. I suspected it had rear end damage, but he loved it so bought it. Immediately after buying it he had it serviced by mercedes. Over the past few months he noticed it...
  7. C

Removing the W203 Wing Mirror Casing

Removing the W203 Wing Mirror Casing Make: Mercedes Model: C220 CDi Body Type: W203 Transmission: Automatic 1. Push the mirror towards the back of the car firmly. It feels like it shouldn’t be pushed but it does. 2. Try to push as far as you can, I used my body weight to hold it back as it...
  8. C

Removing a W203 Mirror and Light Switch Console

Make: Mercedes Model: C220 CDi Body Type: W203 Transmission: Automatic Part Number: Unknown The mirror, headlamp, fog lamp and headlamp level control switches are on the right of the dash board. This image shows the two independent modules this console is made up of. 1. Pull off the fuse box...
  9. C

Heater problems

Make: Mercedes Model: C220 CDI Transmission: Auto Fuel: Diesel Body type: W203 Year: 2001 Hi Guys. I fix one issue, and then something else comes up. Anyway, I recently had an issue with the car going into limp mode. On initial investigation i removed and cleaned the EGR valve, then finally...
  10. C

Continuously Flashing Hazard Light Switch

Make: Mercedes Model: C220 CDI Transmission: Auto Fuel: Diesel Body type: W203 Year: 2001 Hey Guys. One by one i am working through various issues with my car. I previously had an issue with an ESP warning on the dash computer. I originally thought the Flashing Hazard switch was related to...
  11. C

W203 C220 CDI 2001 with slight squeak on steering

Hey Guys. I have a W203 C220 CDI 2001 Auto. Over the past few weeks i have noticed a slight squeak when turning the steering wheel. I did check what i think is the power steering fluid after removing the engine cover. (See attached). Is this low? Could it be something else?
  12. C

W203 C220CDI Auto Limp mode

Hi Guys. I had an ESP issue which i think i corrected, mentioned in a thread here. Anyway, a week ago i noticed the car doing something strange. It just didnt have that kick no more. Also it was drinking more fuel than normal, only getting about 300 miles inner city on a full tank...
  13. C

W203 Steering shake when High Speed Breaking

Hey all. I finally managed to sort out my ESP problem, man am i happy!!! Now my next issue.. I get quite a lot of wobble on the steering wheel when i break at high speeds (any where from 40+). It feels like its coming from the passenger side front wheel. Any ideas?
  14. C

C220 CDI Stereo on, but no sound or cassete ejection

Hi Guys. I have a C220 CDI Auto 2001. Today i was using a casette adapter for my ipod. It was working fine. I turned the car off, and popped back 10 mins later and suddenly no sound. The stero came on, but no output. I tried to eject the casette adpater, and nothing happened. I...
  15. C

C220 CDI W203 Oil and FIlter Change

Hey guys, i have a 2001, C220 CDI Auto (W203). I want to do an Oil and filter change. Are there any guides on how to do this (i am quite new to servicing my own cars). Also does anyone know what weight oils to use? For some reason i have a 5W40 Full synthetic and 15W40 Part synthetic...
  16. C

Warning light on Instrument Cluster

Model: C220 Cdi Automatic 2001 Hey guys, Over the past few weeks i have started seeing a Yellow 'Coil' warning light on the instrument cluster: Anyone know what it is? It just happened to start when i have started hearing a slight squeak when truning my steering wheel. Thanks
  17. C

Diesel fuel pip

Hi Guys. I have a C220 CDI Auto, on a 2001. Recently i have been coming up with numerous little issues. Anyways, not so long ago i had a fuel pipe replaced which cost me about £28 (In the photo the prominant black ribbed pipe). However i now suspect its the pipe i have cricled in red...
  18. C

C220 CDI W203 External bonnet release catch snapped

Hi Guys. I have a C220 CDI Auto 2001 (W203). The other day i was going to service the car before a trip to Scotland, i released the bonnet from inside the foot well, i then went outside to pull on the catch and it snapped. Does anyone know what the part number for this is? Also does...
  19. C

C220 CDI W203 Electric Mirrors

Hi Guys. I have a C220 CDI Auto (W203) 2001. I have a problem with the passenger side mirror. It moves out and up, but not down and in. I did have a garage replace the mirror, but that didnt resolve the issue. What could it be?
  20. C

C220 cdi w203 esp

Hi Guys. I have a C220 CDI 2001 Auto (W203). I have a constant sign that is on that is warning me of a problem with the ESP. What can Cause this? I am not sure if this is related but the Hazard light sign is always flashing as well. Any assitance is much appreciated thanks.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom