Search results

1. mersum1es

w245 CDI euro5 won't start

rail pressure in not triggering fault code during a start, but it might give a hint there is something fishy in pressure... fuel quantity valve is most common, unless it is injector excessive leak.
  2. mersum1es

C229 Fault Code

whats description of the code? Any symptoms?
  3. mersum1es

Injector figures

Do a leak test, number 4 shows bad on idle. It means it has to increase opening time (usually due to leak) to keep running smooth, Of course you can try calibration like xentry suggest. Negative values are compensating that one which needs more fueling. I would change only #4 at first, then...
  4. mersum1es

Fuel temp sensor

maybe, if it shows too low temp... in may even prevent engine to tart is showing too high value. Of course temp is ambient temp when start engine, some higher when running.
  5. mersum1es

Hi from Sweden!

I have imported my W212 and C219 both from Sweden :) I think Swedish started to get rid of big diesels about 5 years ago, so got them much cheaper than in Finland, of course currency exchange rate played a some small role too.
  6. mersum1es

651 C220 cdi Pressure regulating valve

SDS is giving values usually by PWM %... Your battery voltage is also very low...
  7. mersum1es

HOLD inoperative - See Owner's Manual

that was fastest discovery - discard I have seen :) Like above, it is usually problem in gear selector.
  8. mersum1es

well you has no pressure on rail and no sync on cam/crank sensor... both preventing engine to start... BUT, when that fault code triggered? Before even attempt to start?
  9. mersum1es

injector stuck open?
  10. mersum1es

Anyone northeast with STAR or similar - MAF Adaptation

SDS can cross test MAFs, I think too one or both MAFS are bad.
  11. mersum1es

ALL. Ignition on but engine not running.
  12. mersum1es

W211 om629 reliability

I think you should swap propulsion too, parts are probably different in car with V8 than I4. EPC will tell for sure. Brakes are bigger etc.
  13. mersum1es

W211 om629 reliability

cylinder liner is a design fault, I can't remember did they fix it at some point. But like said it is not happening on every unit or even very often.
  14. mersum1es

Its enough you have some implausibility between your pressure sensors and MAF. Are all pressure sensors reading same at ATM? Intake manifold flaps working? EGR clean?
  15. mersum1es

W211 om629 reliability

Cylinder liners are drifting, oil leaks between transmission and engine block, exhaust manifold cracking. Not very often though.
  16. mersum1es

2005 ML 270cdi cut out and warm start issue

Engine will be shut down if crank sensor data is not received. So yes. I would believe EPC needs rpm info too. Usually sensor problems start when warm, escalating to cold. But fault codes will tell for 100%.
  17. mersum1es

Abs sensor or ring ?

of course they have a ring, laminated to rubber ring. 90% its ring fault, not sensor. Also bearing gap may cause misreadings.
  18. mersum1es

320cdi om642 bad cold start

Ok... so basics; your fuel system is not getting enough fuel pressure at start, because primer pump is not able to deliver enough flow to hp pump. This leads to situation where you need to crank longer time, to get enough pressure to rail, because ECU does not allow injection until certain...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom