Search results

1. denchen

W202 Air Con revival

I always take mine to a reputable place to get mine charged if I think it's not doing as it should. A good firm will empty the system, then charge it with a pressure, leave it a while to see if the pressure drops then recharge it with the right amount of lubrication and gas. If you simply add to...
  2. denchen

Weight limit in boot of car

A 15 stone person is say 95 kg. With their beer money say 100kg. So three in the back is 300 kg. I would have thought the car would take that
  3. denchen

Can a competent diy do this

I'm not a legal boffin, but for my two penneth. To work with F gas you need a certificate many are saying. Right stop there. My understanding is the word 'work' 'Work' is to do something for 'profit or gain'. If you do it for yourself, you are not at work. You can juggle running chainsaws at...
  4. denchen

start stop not working

Sometimes if my car has been sitting in the sun and got hot, the stop start doesn't work until it has been run for awhile. I guess it has something to do with the preset conditions not being right. Normally on a cool morning start, the stop start works at my first set of traffic lights, 5...
  5. denchen

Headlight Lense

On one of my older Mercs a few years ago, the lenses went cloudy. From a caravan supply shop I got some Perspex window polish and gave them a go. It didn't take all the deep scratches, but the lights were much better and clearer
  6. denchen

bad starting,

Glow plug light staying on is often a sign that one or more glow plugs have given up. as for the screking noise,,,,,Get a code reader on it.
  7. denchen

Mini Cooper oil filter housing

Our old BL Mini had four bolts that held the radiator to the nearside. It was a pain to get the bolts out, but you needed fingers that bent in five directions at the same time to get the forth bolt back in.
  8. denchen

Engine oil drain plug

I've had a good look down both those spots and I carn't see it. I'm back at MB on Weds for them to fix the stop start, I'll ask them, but the W247 seems a bit different layout on this model
  9. denchen

Engine oil drain plug

This might sound daft, but I've only just bought a 2019 B180d W247 from MB, that has to go back as the `stop start` is not working. I do not want to disturb anything until I get the stop start fixed as it's a MB Approved car. Anyway, I've had a look under the bonnet, and cannot find the oil...
  10. denchen

CDI 220 W203 Difficult to start.

Many years ago after I had serviced mine, and changed the fuel filter, it was reluctant to start in the mornings. After it was started it was fine all day until the next morning. Anyway, and bear in mind this was a few years ago, I found on the plastic delivery pipe from the fuel filter there...
  11. denchen

Car cutting out on start up or when driving down road or on motorway

My old C270 did similar, turned out to be a very small air leak on the fuel filter connection
  12. denchen

Mercedes Diesel software update.

Reading between the lines, this update looks like MBs attempt of avoiding being dragged through the courts and a massive fine for giving false information, by altering its loyal customers vehicles, so the mpg advertised are not achievable.
  13. denchen

DFI

This may be known to some but I`ve just been reading an article about DFI or Ducted Fuel Injection. Basically research has been going on to make diesels ever more efficient for many years. DFI seem like it might be a step further to make diesels even cleaner. Basically after fuel is ejected from...
  14. denchen

Dyson has scrapped its electric car project

I know nothing, but looking at that video is seems those storage cylinders are at 30 something. It could be psi or maybe Bars, therefore about 450 psi. There I think is the problem with hydrogen. It will store at pressure but has to be kept cold as well. I understand some research is going on to...
  15. denchen

Van shudders when accelerating or going uphill

If you had said it was a Morris Minor, I would have said, oil on the flywheel. but these modern things I carn`t help.
  16. denchen

****ing scumbags

Bar stewards
  17. denchen

Hanging Keys Solution????

I must be posh as I got a good smart oak dartboard cabinet from a car boot and all the keys hang on different hooks.
  18. denchen

Car key

There are others on here with more technical answers, but when mine was doing the same thing, I made sure I had a new battery in the key, that didn`t cure the problem, but then I carefully lifted the little plate (contact) in the bottom of the key hole to put a bit of pressure on the battery...
  19. denchen

Engine won’t start - C220 CDI CLASSIC SE - 208.203, OM646.963 engine.

The old way was to slacken off the injectors, then try and spin it over. If one has got some diesel in it might damage the crank if you don`t let it go.
  20. denchen

Engine won’t start - C220 CDI CLASSIC SE - 208.203, OM646.963 engine.

Without looking, but, you`ve had injector trouble, and I`m thinking, is one of your cylinders full of diesel stopping it turning over.
Top Bottom