Search results

1. Hankiss

"Hood Open" message even when micro switch is OK

Hello, greeting to all Members, This is just to close the case and provide some feedback. After a long, strenuous struggle with the "open bonnet" issue, I concluded that it wasn't the SAM, the bonnet micro switch, or the wiring... but the linkage. For some reason, the link (from the pull-out...
  2. Hankiss

Finally, I can report that I've identified the issue. Strangely, the old linkage was interfering with the latch mechanism, causing it to retract. This prevented the latch from fully engaging with the small metal spring that presses on the micro switch. It took me a long time to uncover this...
  3. Hankiss

Hi again, I tried to disable the hood switch usinh DAS. But I can find the option. Any advice on that matter, please?
  4. Hankiss

Thanks for the info. I can't see wires 910 and 911. I don't hadiagram. Rear SAM is located behind rear seat. Very difficult access to the box.
  5. Hankiss

Definitely the micro switch is OK. I need to check the wire from switch to rear SAM but can’t do it without diagram. Or reliable info where the wires go to? Saddly, I’ve a filling that this Forum will not help me much.
  6. Hankiss

Hi, thank you all above for their suggestions. I don’t think this is switch mechanical fault. I read somewhere, that signal from the micro switch goes to rear SAM (in a trunk). In my s-class the rear SAM is located behind rear seat. I checked electrical diagram for rear SAM in WIS but there is...
  7. Hankiss

Hello, greetings to all members. Recently (with no reason) in my 2010 W221 “Opened Hood” message comes and beebs. I checked micro switch in the latch. Disconnected it from the loop and tested with multimeter. It clicks and works OK. I even short wired the connector (behind the lamp) to bypass...
  8. Hankiss

Can't start the engine - need advice

Hello, greetings to all Members. I am struggling with my C class W204 220CDI (2009). I can’t start the engine. When I turn the key to start the cluster goes black, can hear some clicks and nothing. Fully charged the battery. Removed the starter motor, checked it on a bench, solenoid and motor...
  9. Hankiss

E350 ABS/ESP light on

Let us know the result. It is interesting to learn from other’s experience. I had problem 3 years ago on my way to Spain (from UK) in my W221. ABS, ESP light and no cruise control. Luckily, I had my Star system with me. Diagnosed Wheel Sensor fault. Spanish MB dealer in Girona wanted 125 Euros...
  10. Hankiss

Don't buy parts on Ebay - my experience

Yes, you are right, I wrongly selected reason for return It shoul be "not as described". Lesson learn.
  11. Hankiss

Fault Code 50001 N30/4 Please Help

If it is W204 , N30/4 is ESP control module (next to brake pump). Check the wires and connectors. Also ABS speed sensors on all wheels.
  12. Hankiss

Stereo Upgrade W204 C Class Estate 200 CDI Sport 2011

I am considering this one : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115005633791 . There is a video on YouTube how to fit this screen.
  13. Hankiss

After a Fault Scan the Command unit has DIAGNOSIS on the screen.

Disconnect the battery for a minute, turn the ignition key (while disconnected). Reconnnect the battery, switch radio ON and OFF .
  14. Hankiss

To all Gentlemen above. Thanks for your post, but bad news . Ebay refused to refund . This is extract from my chat with Ebay Rep : 07:08:19 UTC Roebant I totally understand where you are coming from Mark, however the seller was able to close the case as the return reason you have chosen falls...
  15. Hankiss

I am fed up with Ebay sellers. I recently purchased thermostat listed as compatible with W204 220 diesel engine code 646.811. The listing also included OEM number A646 200 00 15. When the item arrived I discovered that the thermostat is different then mine with A646 200 0015 number. Contacted...
  16. Hankiss

Swapping HeadUnit W204 has anyone done it?

Thanks for all above. I think, I may opt for aftermarket Android unit from China (about £150) which has already compatible fascia. I will gain touch screen, SatNav and other functions, but loose CD player. There are some nice videos on YouTube how to fit those.
  17. Hankiss

They are comercial company. They will not give me any (free) advice. They want to sell their products and services. Ans they are very expensive ! There are many aftermarket Android dvices which can be installed on W204, but I prefer to stay with original Mercedes HU.
  18. Hankiss

Gentlemen I am considering to replace headunit (with simple radio) in Mercedes c-class 2009 to more advanced headunit with SATNAV from younger c-class 2011. The swap will also include putting the old Head unit to newer car. See photos of both. Before I take both out to check wires and...
  19. Hankiss

Help Needed

Did the garage scanned the car with proper tool? Where are you based?

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom