Search results

1. M

Check coolant? Not level

My CLK 320 has 1 malfunction, it’s been saying check coolant since i changed the radiator this summer (which solved my overheating issue). It’s not fluid level as that appeared last week whilst I was changing my antifreeze but went off after completion. Any idea as to why? Cheers again MB friends
  2. M

Any antifreeze?

Hi all. I changed the rad on my beloved 2003 W209 320 petrol this summer which cured my overheating problem. But now it’s turning cold I need to give her some antifreeze. Does she need anything special or will anything do? Cheers again guys.
  3. M

Must be a the radiator fan fault?

So, I’ve changed the radiator, the thermostat, water pump and the temperature sensor but I believe it’s still running too hot. Risen to 100 degrees today and the outside temperature is only 22. The fan does cut in occasionally but only for about 20 seconds and doesn’t make a lot of difference...
  4. M

A/C has never worked

Hi all, another question on my CLK 320 w209. The AC button inside the cabin has a constant red light illuminating ever since I’ve owned her. Pressing it makes no difference so I’ve never actually used the ac. Being a cabriolet I’m not too bothered, but would be nice to know if or what the fault...
  5. M

Help. Quick please! Radiator

Still getting too hot!! The fan only kicks in very occasionally and not very fast.
  6. M

Thanks for quick reply. Is the temperature sensor the one that screws into the top of the block at the front?
  7. M

Just took off the old rad from my clk320 2004. Doesn’t look too bad but my car overheats when hot and I’ve already replaced the thermostat and water pump and the fan cuts in ok. She even gets too hot when on the motor way and surely faster speed means more cooling? I’m wondering what the skinny...
  8. M

New radiator?

New rad has arrived so will be fitting at some point this week. I will feedback when done. Cheers everyone
  9. M

New radiator?

So I’m over heating still on a hot day, 100 degrees. Clk 320. She’s had a new thermostat and new water pump and the fan kicks in when it should. Must be the rad? Did a rad flush a few months back and did chuck a lot of crap out but still gets too hot and the only way to keep it from getting...
  10. M

Gearbox fluid or knackered?

Hi all. It always reads comfort mode. It always pulls away in first gear when cold and then pulls off in 2nd when warm. The hot day in question it was dropping into first gear when coming to a stop. To add further information, ever since I’ve had the car, when it comes to a stop whilst warming...
  11. M

My first indication of a problem was that it kept pulling off in sport mode I.e. first gear rather than second as I always have it in comfort mode. But, this is the third Mercedes I’ve owned and they have all pulled off in first gear until warmed for a few minutes then they pull off in second...
  12. M

On a hot day last week I did more than the usual 3 miles to work and back for the first time since I bought the car 18 months ago. The box started shifting gear’s (or not)unlike any time before. Since then I’m back to just going to work and back and it’s fine. I’m hoping your comments are going...
  13. M

2nd 320 cutting out after a thrashing!!

Air flow meter £32 on eBay or throttle sensor for £140…..
  14. M

Thanks so far. It is a petrol model. It has new cats on it as the previous owner left nothing to chance and replaced any problem with new. I’m happy driving her around sensibly especially as summer is around the corner and once the roof is down it’s nice just to cruise…. But now and then it’s...
  15. M

Yet again another clk 320 I’ve owned doing the same problem! After doing a kick down this one also refuses to Rev and goes down to tick over with no throttle response. Pull over, switch off and restart and away you go again. Really confusing as this happened with my last one (both 2004 models)...
  16. M

Engine oil

5w 40 I’ve researched is the right oil?
  17. M

Engine oil

I bought the car from a deceased estate therefore no history or even v5. She is a 2004 clk 320 convertible with 124000 miles. Ive had it for 6 months and done about 1000 miles only to and from work about 4 miles each way. It’s fine when cold but when warm sounds a bit knocky bottom end.
  18. M

Engine oil

I have no history with my 320 clk, the obvious option is to give it an oil and filter change anyway. But I was wondering, when she gets up to temperature she sounds a bit bottom endy, would that confirm it needs changing? Also which oil should I use as europarts and gsf says various from 0-40...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom