Search results

1. G

Question for M156 owners (potential newbie here)

So, what symptoms could be expected if one bolt failed? Similar to those seen with a failed head gasket?
  2. G

CL203 Washer jets not working

Most cars have a non return valve somewhere in the line to the jets - could be that which is clogged or jammed.
  3. G

New Shocks.

Why would they? Any bump that the front wheels encounter will surely also be encountered by the rear wheels, so wear rate will be pretty much the same.
  4. G

E211 Dashboard fault

Cluster Repairs UK can probably fix it - give them a call. There's other companies in the repair business, too, or you could try various breakers for a used replacement.
  5. G

CLS Gearbox

The gearbox should only change down to first when it's in sport mode - is this what's happening? If it's doing it in 'C' mode, then something is badly wrong.
  6. G

Interior work - Surrey / Hampshire companies

I've not used them personally, but D Class have an excellent reputation around the forums and I wouldn't hesitate to use them if I needed to.
  7. G

I need a rant

I hesitate to say it, but isn't this what headlight washers are for?:D
  8. G

Which is the best reversing camera kit to fit my 2004estate

If you have the standard Comand NTG1 fitted, there is no provision for a camera input. You'll need a different head unit to be fitted. As Blobcat says, discuss your options with Comand Online, who really know their stuff.
  9. G

New member - Help with service record please

On 29/10/2018, it had 45,372 miles and now it has 33,071 miles? The servicing schedules are normally set on mileage OR time, whichever comes first, so regardless of the mileage, I think it should have had a service when it was one year old. Probably not much help, but have you tried checking...
  10. G

CLC220 Diesel Lumpy Idle and Rough Auto Gear Change

I've used MB Centre in Nottingham a few times now and found them very good.
  11. G

2007 320 CDI - battery change any tips?

FWIW, I changed the battery in my 07 211 late last year - turn everything off, disconnect old battery, connect new battery - all done. There was no need to reset anything.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom