Search results

1. I

Stuck in 3rd

My E300 automatic (1998) seems to have suddenly stuck in 3rd. Doesnt matter if I try to manually over-ride it and it does go into nuetral, reverse and park OK. I have a gear box dip stick and the level seems to be fine though it was low a few months ago and I topped it up. Can anyone advise...
  2. I

headlamps clouded over with age

Hello, my 1998 E300 has got clouded front light lenses and I can drive around on full beam now and noone complains! Looks like the plastic has aged badly. Can I get new lenses or are any newer lights compatable? Thanks. Iain
  3. I

How to remove seized glow plugs

Hello. My independent garage is too worried to force out two seized blown plugs. What is the latest thinking on doing this please?
  4. I

Gear box slipping

In my 1998 E300 automatic over the last months I have seem to be pushing the accelerator further to get moving especially in the mornings. Also a couple of times (in morning) seems to come out of gear altogether for a few seconds. My local garage are scared to tough the gearbox. What do I do?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom