Search results

1. dvarley

S210 E320 cdi T model. Tailgate lights

These lights are inside the opening tailgate. No easy access
  2. dvarley

S210 E320 cdi T model. Tailgate lights

I have a reversing light out and Ned to replace the bulb. My handbook advises me to take t to a Mercedes workshop, Typical. Is there an easy way to get to them as I would like to replace both bulbs with LED ones.
  3. dvarley

Halfords Coolant

Thanks Andy, very useful information.
  4. dvarley

Halfords Coolant

On a recent trip to the UK, I had the misfortune of having a cracked radiator in my W210 E320 CDI year 2000. The Mercedes dealership in Milton Keynes said that they didn’t list the radiator anymore and thought I would not be able to get one. (Not very helpful ). My son managed to locate a new...
  5. dvarley

Hot weather and Gearbox

Thanks for all the good advice. I have everything I need to replace the conductor plate, except a lift to get the car up in the air. [emoji45]
  6. dvarley

Hot weather and Gearbox

Gearbox fault codes on Star After clearing faults, everything was good until the temperature outside hit 35° again.
  7. dvarley

Hot weather and Gearbox

I have a W210 320cdi 2000 model. I have had problems with gear changes when the outside temperature exceeds 30° plus. Once the temperature returns to more moderate figures, the gearbox behaves as normal with silky smooth changes. When this problem happens, I have no cruise control and cannot...
  8. dvarley

W205 2015 Om626 1.6 Diesel Shaking / Exhaust/ Injector issue 100k miles

Shaking at idle normally is down to hydraulic engine mountings failure. Clattering noise can be bad injectors. Needs a Star diagnostic. That will tell you if injectors are out.
  9. dvarley

Total Oils

Thanks Gazwould
  10. dvarley

Total Oils

I am about to do an oil and filter change on my S210 320cdi. It holds 7.5 ltrs of oil. I have 2.5 ltrs of Total Activa 7000 10:40w left over from the last change. I bought 5 more ltrs, but just noticed that I have bought Total Quartz 7000 10:40w instead. Does anyone know if these two oils can...
  11. dvarley

Rear door window frame

Has anybody got experience of replacing a rear door window frame on a S210 T Mercedes 320cdi ? Mine has rusted quite badly at the top and I have bought the new frame from the part number on EPC. How difficult might this be?
  12. dvarley

Bas esp light on

On mine which is a w210 E320 cdi it was in the side of the dash accessible with the door open. It happened to me when I plugged a trailer in and shorted the brake lights. All the BAS and ESP lights came up. I replaced the fuse and did the steering turning and the lights went out.
  13. dvarley

Bas esp light on

Have you tried resetting by turning the steering from side to side a few times. This is normally done after disconnecting the battery to reset these lights. Maybe you have a dodgy fuse
  14. dvarley

Oil Extraction.

I use a Sealey pump and always managed to extract 7.5 ltrs. on my E320 cdi. I always remove the oil filter on the top of the engine whilst it is extracting, so that there is no vacuum holding oil in the filter. I think it is a great piece of kit and as I am now 72, I am not good at crawling...
  15. dvarley

Advice pre purchase - Mercedes owners

In my personal experience, once you buy a Mercedes, you wont buy anything else. I have always favoured the E class. My current car is an E320 CDI T model, a real workhorse and very economical. I have owned it for just over 11 years and it is still a joy to drive.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom