Search results

1. TedMartin

Torsion bar/ Sway bar.

Thanks for that. The bar is firmly fixed to the underside so I would agree entirely with you. It doesn't seem as the source of the noise, though I've heard people talk about the rubber bushes used. Again it seems that the bushes and the bar are all one piece. The bottom part of the droplink is...
  2. TedMartin

Torsion bar/ Sway bar.

I disconnected the two droplinks that connect to the suspension. The noise was a ginding one whenever I went over a slight ramp. By tremendous job I meant changing the torsion bar not the droplinks. I've already ordered the droplinks, which by the way are manufactured in different lengths, and...
  3. TedMartin

Torsion bar/ Sway bar.

Hi all, My question was because I know for a fact that on the ML type the torsion bar is disconnected for off-roading. I thought that the 320cdi,being much lower than the ML, would not be affected on normal roads. Also some makes, I believe, don't even have them. Thanks for your advice...
  4. TedMartin

Torsion bar/ Sway bar.

Hi, I have recently got rid of a very annoying noise coming from the front end. It turned out to be the torsion bar/ rods. I've disconnected the rods attached to the torsion bar completely and no more noise. Now the question. Can I drive without the torsion bar being connected? Is it safe? The...
  5. TedMartin

Battery

When I started using the car the clock started to work again. I just had to put it back on time. I'll check again later on. Thanks for quick reply. Regards. Ted.
  6. TedMartin

Battery

After not using the car for a couple of days I noticed that the clock had stopped. 2003 320cdi w211. Is the clock supplied from the auxiliary battery when the engine is not running? Everything else was running alright. Do I need to change the small battery in the engine compartment? Regards. Ted.
  7. TedMartin

Blower

Thank you all for your advice. I'll try what some of you suggested and see if it works. Regards. Ted.
  8. TedMartin

Blower

Thanks for that. I'll keep searching. Regards.
  9. TedMartin

Blower

How would I know whether the blower is working in my 320cdi w211 2003. Is there a way of testing it. Does it depend on the temperature of the engine or the thermostat makes it start? I've never seen mine working and have noticed because I've just replaced the water pump and hoses going to the...
  10. TedMartin

Radiator hoses

I'm planning to change the radiator hoses on my w211 e320cdi. I'm going to replace first the top one and give it a run, I think it's leaking. Now the question. Do I need to drain the radiator if I'm only doing the top hose? Thanks. Ted.
Top Bottom