Search results

1. R

Warm air after new condenser & recharge.

At 8 bar it should be working. Does it get cold if the engine is cold? I have seen these that have a blend air flap stuck in the heating position so the cold air gets heated back up.
  2. R

amber warning like for temp

It could be the cooling on the charge air cooler. The pump is behind the bumper and is known to fail at times. You could try powering it from a fused external supply to see if it runs. The main fan should come on if the air conditioning is on.
  3. R

Could “excessive front wheel bearing play” cause a front wheel sensor to send a fault code and ABS and ESP not working.

My 203 did it last week I knew it was bearing because the light came on at roundabouts. Because its esp it reacts to minor things like one wheel speed sensor variation from normal. These sensors are active not like the old moving magnet ones that only drop out if the gap is huge.
  4. R

Vito won’t start when warm

Have you had fault codes read? Stored fault codes relating to camshaft synchronisation can cause this. The cam sensors can fail when hot.
  5. R

Newbie with 313 sprinter

Gear cables and previous owner has had speed limiter set.
  6. R

Really stumped on a turbo'ed om602 overheating issue

Feel round the radiator after a run if you find cold areas its blocked. They allways suffered from this and up hill is when you would first notice it.
  7. R

Irritating wind whistle

Sounds like a dealer warranty job. I would tape around the front grill see if this stops the noise then let the dealer fix it.
  8. R

Milage Display

I think the mileage is not displayed because the cluster is not paired or interlocked to the other control units that store chassis numbers and mileages. I also would be surprised if this can easily be recoded. I think if you are lucky you might be able to get it reset by one of these aces that...
  9. R

Rear brakes not working.

Is this a 211? Does it have S B C ?
  10. R

Anyone identify this from a V220 front end?

Its the ambient sensor as above post. It just clips into the bumper bellow the charge air cooler
  11. R

W212 Battery

My point is that true AGM Batteries are deep cycle batteries designed to be charged and recharged when flat not to be kept topped up. And that they are much more expensive than other battery types more suitable for use in vehicles.
  12. R

W212 Battery

Charging on these cars is controlled by the cdi or ptcu usually with a lin signal. Some now are smart charged to save fuel and emissions using the values from the battery sensor. So a better way to check charging is with a current clamp. Looking at the voltage on the top of the star is not a...
  13. R

W212 Battery

For what its worth I think it is the same battery. If it states vrla/agm it is not a true agm battery. Advanced glass mat. Batteries are comparitively much more expensive than valve regulated lead acid ones. AGM batteries are more for caravan boat leisure. They can take a lifetime to charge to...
  14. R

Battery drain 211

Or residual current in the phone control unit?
  15. R

Battery drain 211

The rear sam is indeed in the boot but I think there is a smaller fuse box under the carpet and under the plastic tray.
  16. R

W212 Battery

No. I think the pedal will work fine but I believe it can be callibrated with star.
  17. R

Engine Rattle - W205 C220D

If the belt is also squealing then I suggest replacing the belt along with the tensioner and whilst it is off checking the rest of the pulleys for correct alignment and bearing wear. Whilst the engine is idling look at the belt it should remain central on the pulleys.
  18. R

W212 Battery

There is a PTC heater in the cabin heater this also can have an effect on engine idle speed so it could be a normal function. The accelerator pedal contacts could be dirty giving this fault code. But I don't think this would affect the idle speed

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom