Search results

1. R

Slow warm up on W209 cdi

My 220 cdi always takes a few miles. Longer in winter months I hasten to add. Definitely check the thermostat though. When I replaced faulty one it had stuck open.
  2. R

MB Part Reducing In Price

They're really just admitting that their spares are overpriced to start with.
  3. R

MB Part Reducing In Price

Two years ago my 2 genuine MB windscreen wiper blades cost £58 from local dealer. Now, the same part no from same dealer cost £33 ?
  4. R

Rejection of used car

Unfortunately this behaviour is too commonplace these days and is not just confined to the motor trade. What these parasites on humanity rely on is that even if you are in the right you will just go away and repair at your own expense to avoid the hassle. Two years ago I spent many thousands of...
  5. R

Instrument Cluster Lights 2008 CLK W209 Not Working

The actual cost to repair the cluster was about £250. I believe its called a ribbon cable and I decided to have it repaired to preserve the original mileage and have a lifetime warranty. It cost me slightly more because I had some one do it for me. A lot cheaper than a Mercedes replacement at...
  6. R

I have since had the instrument cluster repaired with a lifetime ownership warranty, apparently. Just a note for others. Whilst the cluster is removed although the car is useable, a couple of functions do not work as normal. Lights are always on when running and door mirrors don't fold in.
  7. R

Thanks for your reply. I have not changed anything at all. I am aware the folding mirrors can be changed within the cluster menu although that is not really the main issue right now and I would have to be able to actually see the cluster menu to do so. I think I may have to get the car on star...
  8. R

Car not been used for 2 weeks very cold but battery is only about 3 years old. Instrument cluster lights not working. Car runs perfectly and nearly everything else works well with exception that door mirrors no longer fold in when locked. Checked fuse no 42 and replaced even though existing...
  9. R

TPMS Possible Fault W209 CLK

I did think of that but it seems a mighty coincidence that the noise was present pre tyre inflation and gone immediately post tyre inflation?? I also forgot to mention that I called out the breakdown service and the engineer could find nothing wrong.
  10. R

TPMS Possible Fault W209 CLK

As title suggests. CLK W209 2008 started making loud clicking noise when driven from what appears to be front underside of car both in forward and reverse. Nothing obvious hanging down, no engine warning lights. Car driving perfectly, as usual, apart from loud clicking. Noticed when parked...
  11. R

Service Reminder Overload!

Unfortunately many of us distrust dealers. Sometimes warranted, sometimes not. I stopped taking my car car into a dealership many years ago and use a brilliant independent whom I trust. If he says you need so and so I just give him the go ahead without question. As my opening line suggests its...
  12. R

Extended MB Warranty

I've had my trusty CLK since purchasing from Mercedes in 2011. For at least the first two years of ownership I had a Mercedes warranty. It was long enough to know whether it was going to be a problem car or not. I decided as others suggest to save my money and use a good indy who has been...
  13. R

CLK W209 Headlight Control Switch and Folding Mirrors A2035451104

Thanks but any idea how I get it out from the dash ?
  14. R

CLK W209 Headlight Control Switch and Folding Mirrors A2035451104

The unfolding mirror button has an intermittent fault and only unfolds (top rhs button) after a bit of serious "wiggling" The mirrors when opening/closing doors and every other function work fine. I assume its the complete assembly that requires replacement. Mercedes quoted me around £300 + Vat...
  15. R

Air Con Not Working

Had it tested and condenser is the culprit.
  16. R

Air Con Not Working

I'll let Terry at WG test it for leaks before re gas. Totally agree with #2 as this is the first winter I haven't left it on auto.
  17. R

Air Con Not Working

2008 W209 CLK 220cdi 68k on clock. Have not used the air con for months. Went to use it and everything appears to be working but just not blowing out cold. Does it need re gassing? Have owned the car for 8 years and never had it done. Thanks in anticipation.
Top Bottom