Search results

1. H

S211 E320 2007 Facelift - gearbox conundrum....

Ok Fellas, My beloved E320 is behaving strangely. Occasionally (twice in the last three weeks and once at Christmas) I'm losing kickdown mid journey. Car will only then accelerate very slowly and not much past 50mph. Switch off and switch on and bingo - normal service resumed. She's...
  2. H

E320 Estate (2007) slow to start...

Ok Guys looking for advice: When starting the car (it a CDI) I switch the key and wait for the glow plug indication to go out. Then turn and starter motor goes but car does not fire. Stop starter motor and repeat - car starts first time. Have had (twice) the glow plug indicator remain on...
  3. H

Bi-Xenon failure - not the bulb....

E320 Estate AV 2007 - drivers side dipped headlamp is out, switched in a new bulb and no joy. Garage say it must be the igniter unit and say its about £500 all in to change. Does that sound about right???? (only had it a week - bugger!!!!) Cheers a guys Tom
  4. H

Unmarked Police Car...

Spotted on the A3 (Surrey) this afternoon: Black BMW (poss 5 series) saloon Reg GL59 AXM. Anyone got any other CERT ID'd unmarked cars to report???? Thanks Guys!
  5. H

Interactive Owners Manual

Does anyone have a link to the interactive owners manual for a 2007 E Class Estate - 320CDI? Thanks guys Tom
  6. H

Rear DVD fit....

Ok gurus, Variation on a theme here, I'm about to get a 2007 E Class Estate with COMAND DVD APS - I've trawled the threads and remain non the wiser as to how I fit a rear DVD screen. I've got an old screen repeat from a portable DVD System, is there anyway I can connect this to the...
  7. H

VIN Help requested....

Guys, I'm shirt finals to buying my first Merc - a beautiful 2007 E Class AV Estate 320CDI... The VIN is WDB2112222B244800 Can anyone help me find the spec/data card for this car??? Thanks guys - as always your help is really appreciated! Thanks Tom
  8. H

Views on this possible purchase welcome...

All, Amongst two other cars I'm hoping to take a look at is this E320 Sport Estate on Monday: http://www.carstable.co.uk/used_car_mercedes-benz_e_class_estate_198.htm I'd welcome you collective insights: Price? Seems high for a 2006 car??? What should I check when I look it over...
  9. H

Wheel changes....W211

I'm in the vinegar strokes of buying an E320CDI Estate (2007/W211) AV (hopefully!!) but short list also has a SPORT variant. I'm in two minds about the 18 inch wheels from both a ride quality/pothole risk and tyre cost perspective. Can I change the wheels to 17 or 16 inch alloys? Advice...
  10. H

What is the E Class Estate Avant Garde Spec in a 2007 Car?

Guys, Following on from the awesome response to my last silly question - I can't seem to find out what you get as standard on the AV spec. In shorts guys what's standard and what do I need to look for as a extra? I'm looking for an E320 or an E200 2007/2008 Estate Thanks in anticipation!
  11. H

E320 vs E220 Estate 2007/2008 models

I'm a longtime Audi driver and want to jump ship to try a Mercedes Benz E Class Estate. Current car a 2003 A6 Quattro Avant. I can't decide between the E320 and E220 models. I'm looking for good fuel efficiency and will be doing a 75 mile each way commute (mostly motorway). What mpg do...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom