Search results

1. T

OM 654 engine no stamp location

Thanks for posting, what a useful resource. Will save that one for future. If anybody happens to know where the engine no is located on this engine, please do let me know. I have searched and searched, but no luck. Many thanks.
  2. T

I know what the number should be. From HPI and decode. I want to see the physical number on the engine!
  3. T

Dear members Hoping someone can help me with this. I have a 213 E class with the 654 engine. Can anyone let me know where the engine number should be stamped? I’ve looked all around the engine bay and searched the forums and Google for guidance but cannot seem to find out where it is. Any...
  4. T

W213 E Class 2019 - seat change?

To update the thread I found a lovely SE version. It is 2017 so not quite the fully specced version of 2019 that I was looking at. Very much a base spec, however it looks good and on collection yesterday, the drive home was very pleasant. It is the 200d variant, which I believe is the same...
  5. T

Mercedes S350d Stage 1 Remap....

Bumping this thread. Currently looking at a 213 E class. It has a 200d engine vs the 220d engine that most have. I think it’s the same engine. But is it or does it have any separate components? I had a rental car on holiday which was a 2023 200d GLB which felt very noisy vs a 213 220d I...
  6. T

OK thanks all. I think the conclusion for now, is stick to finding an SE. The faff of changing seats probably is an added drama I don't need right now! So for now at least, the search continues.
  7. T

Thanks all for the thoughts. I have had a 213 before and it was the SE. I am after a slightly better spec this time, they seem to be largely the AMG line models. I would happily go for the SE again (fatter tyres = more comforable; not fussed about big alloys and spoilers on this car). I have a...
  8. T

I have seen a 2019 E Class. It is the AMG line and has the half leathers, which I cannot stand. But it has many other options I like. It also appears a decent price, given recent market conditions, it is from a MB dealer too. Question: if I buy a set of leather seats, such as in this link...
  9. T

Hello !!! New prospective owner looking for some advice.

Lovely, I cannot see the ad anoymore. Please do post some pics and welcome to the clan!
  10. T

Extremely useful indeed. I was ruling out all 350d when I was looking. Seems that was a nonsensical thing to do then !
  11. T

That’s great reading GAD. Was looking at the 350 vs 400d in the past. Does the 400d have more upside potential or in fact they would achieve the same through yourselves regardless which you buy?
  12. T

4.0 Bi-Turbo V8 - thoughts & experiences

Recently purchased one in C63 form. All I can say is that the engine is pheonmenal. That didn't surprise me, have been reading about it for years. What surprised me was the economy. You can genuinely achieve 30mpg on a run. I would suggest finding one with comprehensive history, which may help...
  13. T

Pulsating humming noise on smooth road

I have noticed MB are very sensitive to tyres. They love having decent rubber. I would see if a tyre change helps as recommended above.
  14. T

Self level suspension fails to rise CLS Shooting Brake

Had the same with a CLS I bought recently. When parked this would happen. When starting, I did get the rising please wait message and had to wait before driving. The conclusion was that there was an issue with the air suspension - mechanical. I ended up returning the car as it had other problems...
  15. T

C63 AMG Night Edition??

Facelift was from MY19. Regarding prices, yes I see what you mean about them cooling. Last few months, they have been fairly firm and in fact have gone up a little if anything in the last year or two. On the MB approved platform at the moment, the cheapest saloon is a blue 16 plate with 29k...
  16. T

C63 AMG Night Edition??

Went through similar recently and my objective was to buy approved used too. In recent months I drove several models, I would encourage you to stick to going for facelift. It is a huge improvement. The sound is a little different, but not lacking in any way. The sports exhaust is also standard...
  17. T

No Price Haggling

A very interesting move by MB. A salesperson at the local dealer told me about this last year, I didn't quite understand what he meant, but have also now had the email and it means effectively the dealerships are effectively offering a PDI and handover. They also will display new cars, but...
  18. T

GLE 400d Prem Plus /22" twitch ridiculously on road imperfections

I always took every car there on purchase. Issue or not! But is this still the best course of action since changing ownership to protyre? Or have WIM opened elsewhere?
  19. T

C250 petrol c class saloon 61 reg

It was, didn't go ahead in the end but thanks for the reply nonethless!
  20. T

C250 petrol c class saloon 61 reg

Going to look at one of these tomorrow. Have done a little reading and it appears I should be worrying about timing chain issues. Any thoughts on this and anything in particular I should look or listen to when examining the car? The car seems a decent price which makes me slightly more...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom