Search results

1. EmilysDad

Can a retrofitted factory option be linked to the car's VIN?

I suppose it depends on how old the car is as to whether it makes any difference. In the day I'd have had a MKIII Cortina XL/GT/GXL/2000E ..... ;)
  2. EmilysDad

Alloy wheel bolts stolen?

But ..... .more to the question .... why would anyone take their car to Kwikfit for anything?:rolleyes:
  3. EmilysDad

C238/E400 rear brakes need replacing, which should i get, Mercedes parts or Brembo

After 2 sets of failed pattern discs (due to discs "warping") many years ago supplied by an 'international brakes' :rolleyes: supplier, who were then not interested because they said I'd not fitted them correctly, I now only buy OE discs (whoever that OE might be) Cheaper & easier in the long run.
  4. EmilysDad

C238/E400 rear brakes need replacing, which should i get, Mercedes parts or Brembo

I understand that pads are generally harder these days due to the lack of asbestos in them. So the options are .... asbestosis or longer lasting discs. ;)
  5. EmilysDad

Early 2016 W212 - How to turn the radio off?

Doesn't it switch off with the ignition?
  6. EmilysDad

C class w204 2011 Changing position of rear fog light

I believe its a job for STAR
  7. EmilysDad

Cardle - Daily Car Quiz

I knew it in 2 but Cardle wanted it in two :rolleyes:
  8. EmilysDad

Quietest & most comfortable tires for 2015 ML 250 4Matic

don't try buying tyres from Costco then ;) .... they will have you believe that you do need to replace them all together. They would only sell me 4 on my R Class. MB say you do NOT need to.
  9. EmilysDad

Cardle - Daily Car Quiz

neither did I .... just put my glasses on :)
  10. EmilysDad

Cardle - Daily Car Quiz

so did the badge on the B pillar ... lol Cardle still didn't let me have it :shock:
  11. EmilysDad

starter motor CL500 M273 also M272 engines

the last starter I had to replace was that on my Smart Roadster. It was only a couple of bolts that held it in place but ...... it took my about 5 hours to reach thebl00dy things!!!!!!!! I went with a new one form MB despite its cost .... I didn't want to have to repeat the job using a 2nd hand...
  12. EmilysDad

starter motor CL500 M273 also M272 engines

it's not just the preserve of MB that do that ;)
  13. EmilysDad

HOLD inoperative - See Owner's Manual

I'd had a my ML a few weeks before I realised it had HOLD ..... not sure how it gets in ''the way of actually driving''
  14. EmilysDad

bow much control do you need or want when there are only 2 pedals! left foot for stop ..... right foot for go!
  15. EmilysDad

I wouldn't go that far ;);) I use it sometimes ..... other times I just select PARK :)
  16. EmilysDad

just don't press the brake pedal as hard & it won't kick in!
  17. EmilysDad

Interesting cars seen on the road.

I was once lent a standard 827 Rover as a courtesy car. It needed a football field & a bit to do a U turn and talk about understeer! :eek:
  18. EmilysDad

Window tints - retrofit factory glass?

I'd say it'd depend on who's fitting it. If you're dong it yourself, then it'd be fairly affordable but ..... if you're paying a garage a little less affordable. If paying a dealer ... forget it! ;)
  19. EmilysDad

W205 gear selection issues

Daventy & myself go to see John @ http://jbmbury.co.uk/ :)
  20. EmilysDad

Road Tax

I've 2 Smarts ..... 451 Turbo & a 452 Roadster. The 451 is now £35 a year but the Roadster is in the £150 bracket by a gram/km :(

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom