Search results

1. S

Broken pipe.

Hi all, Erm I was about to change my fuel filter before our road trip until I noticed a piece of pipe has broken away from where it attached to the centre of the filter. On the new filter from MB it has CAN stamped next to the nossle. I decided to leave the old filter on until our return to the...
  2. S

Power steering pump oil

Hi all, Has anyone every used hydraulic oil or even autobox oil to top up the steering pump? I’m wondering as I have both. If either could work! M
  3. S

Dirty oil in 722,6 auto box

hi everyone, a little message of thanks to all who helped out with advice regarding my gearbox issues. I am writing this from Spain having driven 1300km from northern Brittany to Javea, the car never skipped a beat. Awesome! Thanks very much. Happy solstice and merry festivities to all. Peace...
  4. S

Boot release

My cockpit boot release doesn’t work. When button is pressed there is a noise from the rear but the boot stays closed. Any ideas. thank you in advance mike
  5. S

Washer bottle leak

Wasn’t sûre where to post. My washer bottle leaks. I think it is from this loose bung. Is there supposed to have something pressed into it, or is it just in need of replacing
  6. S

Yeah i was thinking the same. Whilst I was underneath working on the car I noticed dark damp dirty area under the bell housing and torque converter. It goes no higher than the trans cooler hoses. So they probably need new washers. Aside from that I just got back from first test drive and I...
  7. S

So, in short I ended up putting a total of 6,7 litres back in. My dealer says the volume of the AT is 7,3. So 4 came out 6,7 back in equates to it being low by 2,7 litres. So not only was the oil really poor condition it was low by a 3rd. So I’m expecting a real change when I take her on a test...
  8. S

This was the old oil. 4ltr in total I have put 4 back and run the engine and checked, nothing on the stick. Box not warm to the touch either. I’m going to leave it running then keep checking and topping up as necessary. I’ve shifted through the gears, which seems more responsive already.
  9. S

Thanks again for all the advice. this car is in a bit of a state. We have um and arrhh’d about spending 15-20k on another car or restoring this one. Better the devil you know and all that. And after all when it’s working right, well it’s a lovely drive. We don’t have to go mad, it’s old and not...
  10. S

Thanks for all the reply’s. I removed the trans sump, very slimy! No magnet? Which I thought would be in there. No metal fragments just very dirty. So new filter and gasket will go on later and I will top back up. if I do decide to undo the banjo bolt that goes to the trans cooler to drain that...
  11. S

I have a 99 clk320 that has a gear shift problem. How do I ensure to get the most amount of oil from the transmission? I removed the drain plug but only a litre or two drained out. I then removed the drain plug from the torque converter, which contained 2-3ltrs or so. I estimate a total of 5...

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom