Search results

1. C

2013 C207 roof relay position

Hi everybody especially Andy, l managed to get my roof working, l firstly tried the raising and lowering by hand of the roof to reset the limit switches. I’ve never done this before and it provided a useful training exercise from which l was able to spot some of the components on the roof system...
  2. C

Hi, With reference to the problems l'm having with my E250 cabriolet roof at present does anybody know if the rear SAM units need to be programmed to the vehicle or are they plug and play? Thanks for reading this post and any help is greatly appreciated. Cliff.
  3. C

Thanks again Andy for your help, l did put the car on a £1600 Autel code reader which belongs to a friend, it’s easy to use and normally very effective. I’ve used in on a few of my previous vehicles but to no avail, no faults were present. I think l try your idea about raising the roof by hand...
  4. C

Hi Andy, Just looking at the issue with my C207 cabriolet roof, could l ask how did you know about this control unit and it’s position in the vehicle.? What l was hoping for was being able to purchase a wiring diagram for the vehicle l could then test the components as power flows...
  5. C

Thanks for that lead Andy, as you say it’s starting point. I was wondering if a second hand unit could be tried in place of the original, although finding one might be the issue. It’s good to hear from you. Cliff
  6. C

Hi, I am hoping somebody can help me with the position of the fuse and relay for my 2013 E250 convertible roof which stopped working on Tuesday of this week. I have tried in the electrical section of this web site but l have not received any replies. I have some experience of the roof electrics...
  7. C

W207 electric roof problem

Hi, I am hoping somebody can help me with the position of the fuse and relay for my 2013 E250 convertible roof which stopped working on Tuesday of this week. I have some experience of the roof electrics and hydraulics on my previous electric roof on a 2001 CLK but this is a completely...
  8. C

Passenger door handle fault. ?

Hi, I think l’ve solved the issue, on the 250E Cabriolet W207 outer door handle removal. There’s a chrome plate on the edge of the door held in place by three screws. With this removed the torox screw holding the handle in place can be accessed. With the screw removed the outer part of the...
  9. C

Passenger door handle fault. ?

Hi, Can anybody give me advice on the degree of difficulty removing the door handle off my 2013 250E convertible. It seems to have become disconnected inside the door, when l looked at some You Tube videos it talks about removing the inner door skin which requires the drilling of the...
  10. C

Hi, I’ve recently ( eight weeks ago] bought a 2013 E250 convertible and thought this would be an excellent website to pick up tips and some knowledge while meeting and chatting with like minded Mercedes Benz members. My name is Clifford and look forward to chatting with members.
  11. C

CLK 230 (2001) Roof Electrics

Good morning, Sorry l haven’t been on this site for a number of weeks l spent the last three of them working long, long hours but on Friday l finally managed to source the sensor for my up/down limit switch fitted to my n/s hydraulic ram on my 2001 CLK 230 roof. The only problem, the salvage...
  12. C

Hi, I looked through the n/s quarter light and l could see the switch in place at the top of the ram and located around the top pin, it also seemed attached to the body of the ram. I guess l really need to take off the inner trim to make sure it is slotted into position. If l remove the...
  13. C

Hi, Good point l’ll check in the morning, thanks for the tip. It would be good to see a picture of its attachment mechanism so l can understand what the whole part looks like who removed from the vehicle. I guess l could enter its name on eBay and get an idea from that picture. Regards, Cliff.
  14. C

Hi everybody, As suggested by Uncle Benz l looked through the rear quarter lights this morning and it seems that the o/s hydraulic ram is visible, while the n/s is covered by the black sliding switch. I was hoping this might have been the issue but no luck l’m afraid. Cliff
  15. C

Good morning, Sorry for the delay in returning your comments it was late when l returned home last night, but l did try the roof yesterday lunch time. It’s the unlocking of the front screen which lowers the windows, the illuminated switch has not effect whatsoever. The switch...
  16. C

Thanks guys for the information, l did unlock the bow lock manually but the roof still did not operate. I seem to remember changing the bow lock switch four or five years ago, but that does mean it hasn’t gone again. Also the windows drop when the roof is unlocked but not when the roof switch is...
  17. C

Hi, Thanks for your reply, in answer to your question, the pump doesn’t run when the roof is unlocked but the windows lower. It seems as though the lock which holds the rear section of the roof in place is not being released or activated. Even just discussing the issue with other people...
  18. C

Hi everybody, Sorry for the delay in replying , l’ve really ill with food poisoning and l’m just getting back on my feet, l really had it bad, my wife’s trying really hard to get rid of me l think! Only joking. I did manage to test the motor on the hydraulics for my roof...
  19. C

Hi everybody thanks for the feedback, l’ve looked at the wiring diagram this morning and the pump / motor relay would give me an access point, with the relay removed l could link across terminals 30 & 87 with two male spade terminals and a short wire. If l try this for just a second with the...
  20. C

Hi, I’ve just written your replies when lm realised that power supplied to the relay should energise the motor without locking got the wires entering the motor. It’s often by talking through problems that ideas and solutions come into your mind. With all due respect to my wife, she is not...

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom