Search results

1. star

SL350 / R230 - Fuel Sloshing Noise

Or the rear side window compartments are full of water.
  2. star

A/C re=gassed again.

Or add a dye, where the gas escapes, it leaves a trace of dye too. We always add dye to the ac when re gassing.
  3. star

Smell of gas inside cabin - Baby Benz W201 1992 2.0 M102.962

Those sealing o rings aren't internal, they are on the mating face. They do leak internally.
  4. star

Thanks I'll take a look at a leaking one on Monday, I still can't see how they come apart but I'll report back. :( We’re in Reading. :)
  5. star

You must be well old then. ;) The internal (inside)rings? Do you mean the sealing o rings ( green) as in my picture. I have never opened one as I thought they were sealed from factory.
  6. star

Only been working on them for 30plus years. You’re talking about the wrong part and I’ve never seen a regulator leak. The fuel governor which is bolted to the metering head.
  7. star

Fuel just drips from unit but can’t get into engine as it’s external.
  8. star

Turbo failiure?

It’s not saying the turbo is shot, just the boost pressure is low and that could be anything from a gasket or pipe to actually being the turbo shot. Don’t worry till you get it checked.
  9. star

Take the air filter case off, inspect the fuel governor which is bolted to the metering head, they leak.
  10. star

Broken tail light

How much is an oe one?
  11. star

Broken tail light

Just buy oe, I know there expensive but you know it’ll fit and the red lense won’t look pink when the lights are on. ;)
  12. star

Merc 200E 1991

Some idle controls have two pins dependant on year. One of the 3 pin plugs goes to the fuel metering flap, one goes to the throttle Venturi switch and if there’s one more ( year dep) it’ll be for idle valve.
  13. star

W213 Brake Judder

Plus there's a special torque sequence when fitting the wheel.
  14. star

Never thought I'd get caught out with scum....

A customer nearly got conned last week :( We see it quite often, scumbags. I saw a pic recently, where this had been done and he got a plastic bottle to fit to the filler hole of the header tank, filled it with water and the oil rose to the top of plastic bottle above the tank.
  15. star

E Class 350D V6 Crank Seal Leak

Never replaced a rear crankshaft seal on this engine, seen plenty who have mistakingly replaced them.
  16. star

Merc 200E 1991

There should be a temp sensor on/in the plastic air intake tube.
  17. star

What is the approx cost of an indi garage fitted Timing chain etc.

I'll look up the price of the completed job as we finished it yesterday. Timing chain, tensioner and both camshaft gears and chain rails. The gear hadn't failed internally but showed damage from the chain. The oil and filter was also changed due to metal contamination from the chain. We used...
  18. star

What is the approx cost of an indi garage fitted Timing chain etc.

That sounds possibly more than a chain, a chain or even the gears Chain and gear rattles normally disappear when the oil pressure builds up, also not sure if I heard an uneven turnover??? Poss low compression on a cyl. I wouldn't drive that, not even from yard to workshop.
Top Bottom