Search results

1. SL63 Mark

Another newbie

Hi Sarah glad you are enjoying your new car.
  2. SL63 Mark

SL350 / R230 - Fuel Sloshing Noise

Yes, sounds like your fuel tank baffles have come loose, this is very common in the R230. See link to the thread I started below. R230 Fuel Tank Baffle Repair
  3. SL63 Mark

SL V8 RWD Owners... is it safe to floor it?

Did what fall off ? You can spin any tyres in the wet. I can spin my rear bike tyre on a steep climb, using my feeble 250 watts.
  4. SL63 Mark

I got my first wheel spin in a Morris Marina with 62 horsepower, not all of whom were present.
  5. SL63 Mark

New owner of a 2006 CLS320 CDi

Yes, we are still here, resisting the relentless march of modern technology.
  6. SL63 Mark

300E ? Welcome indeed.
  7. SL63 Mark

Battery control module location

You might want to re-name this thread, or start a new one.
  8. SL63 Mark

Battery control module location

Is this the Battery Control Module ? Never heard of a Body Control Module.
  9. SL63 Mark

Multi purpose vehicle.

I got a christmas tree in the SL, convertibles are useful, there is no theoretical limit on the length of your load.
  10. SL63 Mark

£400 won't even get the fronts for PS4s JB, prices have gone up sadly. My tyre place was struggling to source the right sizes. They quoted 3 weeks delivery, but they actually turned up within a week.
  11. SL63 Mark

PS4s were over £1,000 £400 might buy tyres for a wheelbarrow, or ride on mower. You have a fast and powerful car, you need decent rubber.
  12. SL63 Mark

As above tyres are your issue. I have recently replaced the rather worn Continentals that were on the car when I bought it, with Michelin Pilot Sport PS4S. the difference is night and day, the car puts the power down much more securely, wet and dry.
  13. SL63 Mark

R171 Front suspension replacement

Is this spring breakage an SLK-specific problem ? Do other Mercedes have the same problem ? Maybe the gauge of the steel is the problem, rather than materials. Maybe the coils are too far apart. They look a bit delicate. We have had long travel coil sprung defenders for many years, with...
  14. SL63 Mark

Possible EV.

I drove an MG EV, it was very dull, although I said nice things to my mate who owns it. I also think the styling is anodyne. No real power, which surprised me, and it was on charge all the time he was here, so he had enough juice to get home. I do enjoy the V8, every time I drive it. Soon...
  15. SL63 Mark

Is this worrying?

Bent rims are extremely common on low profile wide wheels on our potholed roads. Most owners probably don't even realise. The first indication is often when the wheel won't balance properly. They must be pretty bad for the MOT tester to have picked up on it. The 18" AMG alloys on my SL55...
  16. SL63 Mark

Buying an R231 SL500 Facelift Version.. Is it possible to get quad exhausts after?

The genuine items have an AMG logo on the top. Sorry about the mud.
  17. SL63 Mark

Polishing Bonnet Grille Fins (R231)

I've just had a look at mine, and my best guess is they are aluminium, with some sort of clear plastic coating.
  18. SL63 Mark

Magneto fan

Sounds risky
  19. SL63 Mark

Porcelain Nappa Leather advice please

My 993 had similar light coloured leather and seat bolster wear. I took it to Southbound motor trimmers near Stockbridge Hants. They advised for a proper fix and colour match, the bolster needed re-covering, which they did perfectly, with the correct factory leather. Not cheap, but highly...
  20. SL63 Mark

SL500, R230 roof flaps only opening half way

It's likely the gear on the flaps. Very common failure on R230. it is a DIY fix. I did mine, so it can't be too hard.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom