Search results

1. Beemer2

Auxiliary battery terminals

I have found a Yuasa battery and its tech data sheet shows the terminals as well as identical overall dimensions. You are of course correct with your advice :)
  2. Beemer2

Auxiliary battery terminals

The original (Mercedes/Tamiya) auxiliary battery on my 2014 w212 facelift e250 has failed. My Mercedes garage does not have one in stock and said they are backordered with unknown availability. I want to buy an equivalent 12V 12A/H. However, I have read that others have done this only to find...
  3. Beemer2

Recurring NOX sensor issue on 16 model C200 Coupe (petrol)

Unfortunately my 2014 E250 is not listed.
  4. Beemer2

Andy, Is this truly a £500 item? Ian
  5. Beemer2

USA forum users have reported that the NOX sensor can be removed but sometimes with difficulty. It is then cleaned by soaking for a period in petrol. My independent dealer has told me that a failed sensor will result in a failed MOT so I will try that fix.
  6. Beemer2

Tighter power steering after parking brake fix

Sorry I should have done but at my 75 years I was just glad to get the job done and today my back is complaining.
  7. Beemer2

Update: Problem gone. I opened up the compartment again and found nothing untoward. Closed up and did a further test run. The steering in now back to normal with light steering at low speed and progressive stiffening at higher speed. I see there is a spring loaded mechanism on the column...
  8. Beemer2

My W212 e250 has electric steering. I am just back from a test drive and discovered since today the adaptive steering is working in reverse. That is, when the car is being driven slowly the steering is heavy and when the car is driven at higher speeds the steering becomes light which is the...
  9. Beemer2

My W212 E250 had a parking brake problem. A bent steel spring had slipped out of position so that the pedal would not stay down. I put the spring back to where it should be and the parking brake problem has gone. I replaced the plastic cover and then found on driving that the power steering...
  10. Beemer2

Mot fail 2014 E-Class W212 brake pipes

I'm grateful for the responses received. Some are obviously not aware of the latest MOT tests as 'failed' can have two levels. 'dangerous' and 'major' Only a 'dangerous' fail means that you cannot drive it. UPDATE: I took the car today to an independent garage which is also an MOT test...
  11. Beemer2

Does Mercedes e-class not use Cunife brake pipe?
  12. Beemer2

Sorry, but this does not apply if the MOT failure is reported as a 'major defect' only if reported as 'dangerous'. I only asked to find out if a new garage could pass the MOT without being aware of the day before failed MOT
  13. Beemer2

My local MB garage did a B/C service yesterday and all items were ticked okay including brakes. A video was sent. They sent the car to a local MOT test centre where it failed stating both rear brake pipes were corroded. I have nine days left on my current MOT. As I am suspicious about the...
Top Bottom