Search results

1. motocod

W211 E270 power steering fluid - where and which type?

Just to add that since topping up the fluid (as shown above) I've done at least 1000 miles, and everything remains ticketty-boo. Thank you to all of you that contributed.
  2. motocod

Bought this stuff today… https://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-and-fluids/gearbox-oil/comma-power-steering-fluid-1l-124408.html Topped it off (used about 1/4 of the bottle) and it’s completely sorted. Smoother than ever, lighter steering, and completely silent. Very happy! Thanks for...
  3. motocod

Thanks, that’s really useful to know, I appreciate it!
  4. motocod

Hi folks, finally managed to get under the bonnet and check the fluid. It’s red - can anyone tell me which type that is, please?
  5. motocod

Thanks very much, I assumed as such.
  6. motocod

Thanks…I have found that website to be utterly indecipherable, and probably need to go on some kind of training course to learn MB-speak, but I’m grateful for you taking the time to try and help me :)
  7. motocod

Thank you, that’s really helpful. I’ll hopefully get to check it on Friday. Assuming it’s CHF can I simply top up with the Halfords stuff, or does it have to be MB?
  8. motocod

Thanks very much, appreciate your replies!
  9. motocod

Would you be able to advise a specific grade I need to look for, please? This kind of information doesn't seem to come easily on the internet (although I'll look in the owners manual when I get home later). Thanks again, Nik
  10. motocod

Thank you - appreciate you taking the time to reply.
  11. motocod

Hi Folks, I'm getting a bit of groaning on my power steering on my 2005 E270. Can anyone please advise where the fluid reservoir is located? It would appear as though it might be hidden under the plastic engine cover - with dark evenings and always at work I haven't had the opportunity to look...
  12. motocod

W211 E270 water pump replacement - how much coolant?

So my new pump that was fitted just over two months ago is leaking. Cautionary tale: don't buy cheap from GSF. Their returns policy is that you send the part back to them, they then send it off to testing, which could take 4-6 weeks, and if it's deemed to be faulty they will issue a refund. So...
  13. motocod

Whooshing under hard acceleration E270 W211

New hose ordered off eBay on Saturday morning, and arrived this morning. Fitted this evening, took about half an hour, including a bit of faffing about with the plastic undertray. Very happy to report the car is now sorted! Gave it a good run out, and got rid of all manner of soot and rubbish...
  14. motocod

Sadly, my “repair” didn’t work, but I had a replacement hose on the way. Autodoc had the Mercedes part number on their listing, so I did a google search with that. Just need to extract the plastic under-tray now, so I can get at the hose easier. Has anyone done that on a W211? Wish I had a...
  15. motocod

Pretty sure I found the part on Autodoc, but could do with there being a microfiche diagram, just to be certain.
  16. motocod

I’m certain I can too. I’d just rather try and get one from a more cost-effective source, as I’d rather spend my pennies on my motorbikes :)
  17. motocod

In the meantime, I need to figure out where to get a replacement hose. Harder than you’d think, as I guess it’s a pretty old car now.
  18. motocod

I guess we’ll have to see how it is when I drive it tomorrow…fingers crossed!!
  19. motocod

Had another look at the car this evening, and found a split in the lower rubber hose that comes out of the intercooler. The area around it is quite wet, so that was a bit of a giveaway. As I don’t have a replacement hose to hand I’ve temporarily stuck some rubber vulcanising solution from a...
  20. motocod

Yes, must get myself an OBD reader! Weirdly, it doesn’t seem to massively compromise performance…yet!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom