Search results

1. JCP

Rear Brake Disc and Pad Replacement

Hi (again), I've been out looking at the car and for some reason when I follow the instructions on the dash to release the handbrake and then hit the top phone switch and then OK, all I'm getting is the "Reset Values" option. I'm not getting access to the "Brake Pad Replace" option. I don't...
  2. JCP

Hi, Thanks for this. As a result of the video you sent, I looked for a similar one for the WDD222 and it looks like the process is very similar. (I couldn't work out how to include the video here, hence the link) Firstly, I need to check out the process for using the steering wheel...
  3. JCP

Hi, After just over 92,000 miles from new, its time to replace the rear brake discs and pads on my 2017 S 350 - WDD2221322A****** In the past I've replaced the front discs and pads with no issues (I used to be a mechnice when Hilman Hunters were around!). Is there any special proceedure or...
  4. JCP

S Class B Pillar Trim

The job is now sorted! I found out that when removing the B pillar trim, the airbag is unaffected and no special measures are needed. The trim material was replaces and refitted and all looks good - before and after photos attached. Thank for your help.
  5. JCP

S Class B Pillar Trim

Mobia, Thanks for this although it's not what I'm looking for. I need either the WIS instructions or other guidane/instructions on how to get the panel removed and that requires the airbag and seatbelt removal etc first. It's the air bag which is the more important of these two specific...
  6. JCP

S Class B Pillar Trim

Hi, Thanks for the replies. The replacement part is circa £180 for one side and to have both sides recovered, it's £40. The key points about removing the trim successfully is to be able to get the seat belt off and also to avoid the airback being activated. In addition, I'd also like to...
  7. JCP

S Class B Pillar Trim

Hi, My 2017 S Class AMG Line has an issue and I'm looking for some help to address it. The interior trim on the inside of the drivers B pillar has worn away due to my backside rubbing against it when getting in and out of the car over the last 6 years. I can get the panel retrimmed once I...
  8. JCP

Front Arm Rest

Hi, I'm looking to have the armrest on my S Class restored - the leather is scratched around the top of the release buttons on both sides is marked and the car will be used at a family wedding soon. I have a restorer who's happy to bring it back to life again. Does anyone have a copy of the...
  9. JCP

Wiper Blade Change

Mioba, Thanks for this and I've just changed both blades and was as easy as the video showed - spot on. I appreciate your assistance.
  10. JCP

Wiper Blade Change

Mioba, Many thanks for this - it looks easier than I was expecting.
  11. JCP

Wiper Blade Change

Hi, The wipers has what appear to be two water connections and power connections for the heating/frost protection. If someone has the instructions from WIS, that would be great.
  12. JCP

Wiper Blade Change

Hi, I've bought a pair of wiper blades from an MB dealer for my 2017 S Class, to replace the original blades. Does anyone have the instructions etcthat I can use when replacing the blades? I can see the blades slide off the arms and there are wiring and hose connectors withing the blade...
  13. JCP

LED Headlamp Fault

Guys, Just an update on the progress in resolving the headlamp issue. I visited the dealer today who checked out the problem and it turns out the electronic control unit which is fitted the headlamp assembly is faulty due to water ingress and as they had dealt with this particular headlamp...
  14. JCP

LED Headlamp Fault

Hi, My 2017 WDD2221322A S Class has factory fitted LED lighting throughout the car, as standard. The nearside headlamp has now developed a fault. The normal running lights are fine although the headlamp inner light emitting lamp, for what would traditionally be dipped beam, has started...
  15. JCP

Mercedes Me 2020 APP

Hi Steve, I've had some progress on Sunday with MM. The car has all its subscriptions fully paid up for a further two years and according to MM, the MM 2020 app should send the message to the car by Bluetooth and also over the internet to the cars sim card. The message is being sent and...
  16. JCP

Mercedes Me 2020 APP

Hi, I've now had to move from the old MM app to the new MM 2020 app and MM have confirmed that my account is verified, fully up to date, with all subscriptions current. The new MM 2020 app appears to work fine, with one exception. When I send an address from the app to the car, the app...
  17. JCP

Self Parking System

Steve (Srdl), Thanks for the information about the app etc. With the better understanding of what I needed to do to activate the system on the offside, it's all working fine. Your help was really appreciated.
  18. JCP

Self Parking System

Thanks for the replies. Would anyone know where I could get a copy of the "operating instructions" for this system?
  19. JCP

Self Parking System

Hi, I have a 2017 S350 LWB which has the parking system where at low speed it identifies parking spaces, and then if activated, the system parks the car with me controlling the speed with the brakes or accelerator. In the main, the system works really well. However, it's only working on the...

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom