Search results

1. bertg

Boot Unlocked itself

Ok, as you know, i was also getting some very weird things happening to my car after the main battery replacement. Upon further diagnostics it turns out that the AUX battery (passenger side footwell) on mine had given up. The Garage also noticed slight corrosion on the battery cable terminals in...
  2. bertg

B CLass W246 Electrical Related Problem

Ok, as you know, i was also getting some very weird things happening to my car after the main battery replacement. Upon further diagnostics it turns out that the AUX battery on mine had given up. The Garage also noticed slight corrosion on both the battery cable terminals in the footwell so...
  3. bertg

B CLass W246 Electrical Related Problem

i own a 2013 w246 petrol from new and after a main battery replacement, the boot randomly unlocks itself, need to take it back. Any ideas gratefully appreciated. Would it have something to do with the Aux battery inside the passenger footwell?
  4. bertg

Boot Unlocked itself

i have an update on the boot/tailgate unlocking issue. what i decided to do was a Factory Reset from my instrument cluster and since then, so far so good. Any thoughts anyone?
  5. bertg

Boot Unlocked itself

Morning, i have a W246 2013 b class petrol from new and last night whilst pulling off from the traffic lights and boot unlocked itself. Very strange, never happened before, should i be concerned? and what would be the likely cause? The central locking on all doors seems ok and when i got out of...
  6. bertg

Brake Hold Function Stopped Working

I can confirm that a battery replacement has cured the brake hold function failure. Once again thanks to everyone who replied. This space is a god send.
  7. bertg

it's a strange one because we've had the w246 from new and it's been brilliant and reliable, just recently a couple of things have come up and i live very near Crystal palace and the hill is very steep, that's when i noticed that the brake hold function stopped working, other than that, the car...
  8. bertg

yeah i'm well down on that with 12.1v from cold. My battery is in it's 11th year from new so i can't complain too much..
  9. bertg

once again thank you for all your help, someone from this forum advised me to purchase a diagnostic device called icar soft and it has worked well in diagnosing another problem i also have so, i'll hook it up and see what it comes up with. But i think based upon everyone's advice, i will get a...
  10. bertg

makes perfect sense, thank you.
  11. bertg

when it was cold it measured 12.15V and then when i started it up it changed to 14.99 so that immediately suggested that the alternator was doing it's thing. As mentioned above, i suspect non essential services stop working when the battery voltage drops. 1 more on this thread so please don't...
  12. bertg

Well, the results are in, just put my meter across the terminals from cold and it measured 12.15V. Started the engine and measured again and it went up to 14.99V. See pics. So, based upon everyone's experience i need to replace my battery?
  13. bertg

if the battery needs replacing i think i will give it a try, i'll feedback with my test result.
  14. bertg

thanks everyone for this, 1 more silly question, if it is the battery, do i need to go to merc or can i get a replacement elsewhere? i will of course stick to a branded product whatever brand of battery i have.
  15. bertg

to be fair it is 10 years old. my concern is that i recently had it serviced. i don't believe in coinsidences.
  16. bertg

i'll check it tomorrow, thank you.
  17. bertg

Afternoon, can anyone help? my much loved 2013 B Class W246 petrol isn't playing nicely. I've recently noticed that the Brake Hold function has stopped working and i do have a steep hill near where i live to test it. Any ideas where i start looking. BTW car was recently serviced & Mot so i...
  18. bertg

2013 B Class w246 Space Saver Tire Size

finally purchased my spare wheel from the wheelshop. £166 all in including: Jack/Spanner with 2 sockets/4 bolts and a cover for the 18" wheel and bag for all the other bits. Can't complain..
  19. bertg

2013 B Class w246 Space Saver Tire Size

Now that i've sorted out the wheel and Tyre my next question, what size wrench do i need? are the nuts all the same size across the wheel ranges? I'm seeing 17mm online!! Used to be so easy when they supplied all these tools with cars!!

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom