Search results

1. F

Do these wheels/tyres fit? Read this post first!

Hi Guys, I have a 2019 E220D estate which came with 19” run flat tyres, they are coming up for replacement and I would like to move away from the run flats to normal tyres and purchase a space saver wheel. The only issue is all the ones that are new seem to state they won’t fit into the spare...
  2. F

Mercedes Me app 2020

When I bought mine the dealer sorted it for me over the phone, pretty simple they said.
  3. F

Android Headunits

Which specific unit did you buy, there are loads on e-bay?
  4. F

Audio 20 upgrade

Looks good, has anyone actually fitted one of these? Would like to know if they actually work ok. There are a few specific to the R171 to choose from.
  5. F

Washed the car and the central locking stopped working

Ok, so after all that it comes down to me, I took the aerial off when I washed the car as I have a cover for the car, so it would have been in the way. Never occurred to me that the central locking uses the radio aerial!
  6. F

Can anyone tell me where the central locking controller is located, so I can check it out?
  7. F

After washing my R171 today the central locking has stopped working. Infra red locking working OK, so not the end of the world. Also lost the parking sensors for a while but they seem to have started working again. Clearly the water is getting in somewhere, so where is the central locking...
  8. F

Irritating wind whistle

Yes, I will book it in to be looked at.
  9. F

Irritating wind whistle

Yes it does, saw it the other day, thought it was a bit odd.
  10. F

Irritating wind whistle

Don’t think so, not sure how to check, it’s not very old but I am the second owner. How could I tell?
  11. F

Irritating wind whistle

Ok thx, will give I a try.
  12. F

Irritating wind whistle

Not that kind of whistle, feels like it is around the screen. Will try it with the pan roof open next time I get a chance.
  13. F

Irritating wind whistle

Windows all shut, no roof bars or anything attached. Wipers are parked properly, below the bonnet line. I tried fiddling with the vents but no difference.
  14. F

Irritating wind whistle

First time I have been on a run since getting my new to me E Class estate, 2019 plate. Once I get above 75 mph there is a really loud whistling wind noise, is this common on this model? I can’t seem to figure out where it is coming from but it sure is annoying. My old c class estate never had...
  15. F

Adjusting Headlamps for Driving in Europe

I was playing with this yesterday, mine was set to left side traffic, which is confusing. Is that correct for UK?
  16. F

Bonnet close sensor

I would be inclined to spray it with contact cleaner, rather than WD40....
  17. F

Comand map update

Ok, so an end to the saga, I bought a new Sandisk Pro SD full size card, with a transfer rate of 170 mb/sec. Downloaded the file again and installed it into the car to try again, it completed the whole update in less than 10 mins! So there must be an issue with either the micro sd card I used or...
  18. F

Comand map update

Thx, so when I started the update the starter battery was fully charged, I attached a battery charger before I started but after around 3 hours Mercedes me sent an alert saying the starter battery was critical, so clearly my battery charger wasn’t keeping up. TBH, with all the short journeys I...
  19. F

Comand map update

I am giving up on this and will get the dealer to do it, the first small update just completed, it took 7 1/2hrs! No matter how I try to get Comand to stay on it still goes off after a certain amount of time. I have had the second update with a file size of 28gb running for the last 3 hours and...
  20. F

Comand map update

Thanks, I will give it a try in the morning.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom