Search results

1. J

Replacing air filter for 2003 S203 CDI 220

Thanks for all the advice, everyone. I'll take a look under the bonnet...
  2. J

Replacing air filter for 2003 S203 CDI 220

Could anybody help me out with a link to a compatible air filter, and instructions on replacement for my old banger?
  3. J

Dreaded heater vent clicking disappeared after SRS fault cleared. Doe this make any sense?

OK. I was doubtful as well, but thought I'd ask. I'm probably not going to take the car apart if the problem returns, it's annoying at worst.
  4. J

Dreaded heater vent clicking disappeared after SRS fault cleared. Doe this make any sense?

I took my 03 S203 to a local garage last week, as I had an SRS warning. It's basically the same fault I had a year ago, which resulted in replacement of the rear left-hand seat belt squib(whatever that is - some sort of firework that goes off to pretension the belt?). I'm thinking it's an...
  5. J

Dreaded SRS lamp again! Local independent, anyone?

Thanks for the suggestions. I will check out Avantgarde, unless I decide to scrap the thing.
  6. J

My garage cleaned up everything under the plastic cover, and then I drove from London to Bristol and back, and looked again. We couldn't find any evidence of a leak.
  7. J

It's diesel. The garage I used to use didin't seem to think it was a risk at all. Coudn't even find it..
  8. J

I know, mine is due around May 2020. Thanks anyway.
  9. J

The SRS warning lamp came on in my 03 S203 just before Christmas. I had to have a squib replaced in one of the rear belt systems. Now the lamp is back on, but I've moved to Gloucestershire. Anyone know of a local chap with the necessary diagnostics , so that I can evaluate whether it's worth...
  10. J

Jump Start Li Battery Pack.

None of this makes any sense. Not only can you not expect to charge a 20AH battery in 6.5Hrs @1A, you can't really expect to charge a 6AH battery in 6.5Hrs either, if it's a Lithium Ion, because of the constant current/constant voltage/topping off profile. Charging your phone will not be 100%...
  11. J

Which E class is your favourite..

W120, all the way. '53 was a very good year.
  12. J

Jump Start Li Battery Pack.

How does 1 Amp for 6.5 Hrs charge a 20AH battery?
  13. J

Speeding in France warning! Roll On Brexit!

There's homicide, culpable homicide and justifiable homicide.
  14. J

Electric car

Using tidal energy must surely affect the moon, albeit a miniscule amount, since you can't expect to take energy/work call it what you will from a system without effect. But, as with all things of this nature, we have to take a short term view, an assume that humans, if they still exist by the...
  15. J

Money Supermarket v Confused v Compare the Market

According to a radio program I heard a while back, the on-line comparison sites actually drive prices up overall. On the other hand, if you don't go through the ridiculous process every year, you get punished for your loyalty. No win.
  16. J

Payment Assist

Spelling Asisst!
  17. J

Noise Cameras

It was supposed to be far fetched. It was supposed to be just as ridiculous as the other nonsense spouted in this thread. I don't really advocate such a move, any more than I advocate refusing to treat smokers. You really haven't been paying attention. There is no such thing as "road tax". Roads...
  18. J

Noise Cameras

Really? That doesn't make any sense at all. I think I'll get rid of my Merc. I don't feel that I fit the demographic of CAT removing, speed limit despising bike haters.
  19. J

Noise Cameras

You pay tax on two cars. But as you well know, it has nothing to do with road expenditure. Personally, I've always thought VED should be scrapped, and the revenue raised from higher fuel tax instead. Seems a much fairer system. Wouldn't do much for all you bike haters, though.
  20. J

Noise Cameras

How about car owners who also own cycles? Would they be exempt? That's over 80% of them remember... and while they're on bikes, they're not damaging the road as much as you... Anyhow, as an OAP and a car owner, I guess I'd be double-exempt under your scheme. Which, incidentally, is extremely...
Top Bottom