Search results

1. J

Vito 1997 113 2.0 Wont start

have you ever been able to start it or did you buy as non running, i cant be a hundred percent but i am sure that key you have is the spare key i thought the sprinters and vito of that era had a chipped key and the sensor ring is around the ignition barrel, the black part is fatter on the...
  2. J

PLEASE HELP ME to fix my fab van

are you sure you are getting full throttle,the early sprinters had a **** plastic cerrated edge clip on the throttle pedal that would slip,causing the vehicle to not get full throttle,the plastic locking tab wasnt strong enough to hold it so we used to pull the cerrated bit through and cable tie...
  3. J

Mercedes atego 814 7.5t foot operated kill switch

https://www.ilcats.ru/mercedes/?function=getParts&class=5&catalog=26G& try this website it allows you to put your vin in and gives you a picture of parts, it might help or it might not.
  4. J

yes it should do as the flap is in a sandwich plate which sits between the manifold and downpipe,it is very basic and is air operated so if its not working i would say they have damaged an air pipe or they have removed it when taking the exhaust off
  5. J

its not an atego,yours is just the 814, that switch is also the exhaust brake so if you look and the exhaust manifold and down pipe you should see a cylinder attached that is your exhaust brake then you can trace your pipes back from that.
  6. J

Sprinter seat base

if i remember rightly its a box
  7. J

Timing chain issues

so you say you have bought a lemon but its been ok so what makes it a lemon,its done a 137k and is 11 years old you have to expect some things might go wrong,as for the chain i wouldn't worry too much about it if it does start to make a noise then you might get away with a tensioner, the...
  8. J

Eco. What exactly does it do?

nope thats all it does is turn the stop start on and off and if i was you i would turn it off as it has been known to contribute to premature timing chain wear, the economy mode on the gearbox is what changes the gears sooner etc.
  9. J

ATEGO 815 - MK1 2004 - HELP -please.

you might be able to get an owners manual from ebay or from maybe your local mercedes commercial dealer, they never produced an workshop manual for it it was all on WIS, you might be able to find a copy disc on ebay that will give you workshop info. the oil can light is your oil level light...
  10. J

CarABC Apple CarPlay / Android Auto

how are you getting on with this unit ?
  11. J

Lost Under floor centre Panel, AMG CDI 220 SPORTS ESTATE 2013 62 plate

hi i saw your post yesterday and had a look at my car which is a 2012 c class 220cdi AMG sport when i got home and mine does not have that panel and i couldnt really see any fixings that such a panel would locate onto,mine has the gearbox cover then nothing after that, i am not disbelieving you...
  12. J

Eco system fail

mine had a similar fault to yours where eco light would go out once car started and it was the main battery but mine never came back on over rough ground which does point to a connection issue but i would have thought you would have other problems as well. i would look at your auxilary battery...
  13. J

Mercedes Actros 2532 intermittent D Mode

i am surprised it hasn't stored a fault code,when it goes into limp mode does it put the engine management light on, i guess when your driver is keying off and on its somehow erasing the fault has anybody looked at with the fault present as that maybe the way to go which will be difficult to do...
  14. J

Side Exiting Exhaust - Why?

i have seen it before on old T1 vans that were converted to horseboxes to stop fumes from getting inside,unless it was changed to a side exit exhaust in case it was converted to a wheelchair access vehicle if the exhaust was at the rear you wouldnt be able to fit the ramp etc thats the only...
  15. J

Used and approved warranty roadside assistance query

i would read all the paperwork you got with the vehicle and maybe get someone from mercedes to clarify things as surely under the approved used scheme you should have 12 months roadside assistance regardless of whether you had it serviced by them so if you purchased the car less than 12 months...
  16. J

What MB do you have, what mileage and what has it had done other than standard servicing?

2012 C220 estate bought FEB 2020 at 46k now at 69k no issues its on a mercedes service plan and i have extended warranty only replaced tyres.
  17. J

CarABC Apple CarPlay / Android Auto

i'd be interested in your thoughts on these units i have been debating about getting one for a while mainly so i can use google maps or waze instead of the becker sat nav and having my phone in a mount etc, can i ask probably a stupid question but i take it if you use this the original radio is...
  18. J

om364 engine

this should have mineral oil in
  19. J

308d t1 sprinter wont shut off

this is what the vacuum pump looks like,if your engine wont turn off then you have lost vacuum so maybe a leak somewhere,or like i say someone has bodged up something instead of properly repairing it, and this is what the ignition switch looks like notice the 2 vacuum connections underneath the...
  20. J

308d t1 sprinter wont shut off

which vehicle have you got because the T1 and the sprinter are two different vehicles in fact the sprinter replaced the T1 in 1995,the sprinter was electric engine shut off but the T1 was vacuum shut off and the ignition switch has vacuum pipes coming off it the vacuum pump is located on the...

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom